Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 223 help

northdude

223 help

ok I feel a bit of a dumb arse having to ask as I can usually figure this shit out my self but here I am so ive got this nea ar15 got it brand new its always had an accuracy problem so me being me I like to get it sorted myself as I got it as a thing to mod etc after putting the bits in it I wanted I think ive got the rifle part sorted its got a better trigger 14.5" spanners barrel carbine gas system standard gas block and running a mae can on it the main problem with it was the barrel nut was loose from new so now I feel theres a problem with my hand loads ive shot 55gr pills up to 69sierra hpbt which go the best but now I'm getting pressure problems which once sorted should get it more accurate I hope I started with the go to load of 25gr 2206h coal was to fit mag but kept blowing primers out so ive backed it off to 24.5gr 2206h I'm getting really flat primers and some are piercing it seems like a mild load in the adi book so I'm going to go back to 24gr any quirky things I should look for in this kind of set up and yes I know should of worked up so far with my reloading ive found I could safely start mid way with the load data cheers

Take off the can put a terminator brake on and just buy hornady sst superformance ammo

northdude
    I fukn hate those things it came with one as well

The brake? I'll grab it from you. P.m. me details if a terminator

Oh and try geco ammo, from aoraki ammo, bloody good stuff and a great price.

Oh and your gun is fucked. I'll buy it for 200 from you..
    Tommy likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    The brake? I'll grab it from you. P.m. me details if a terminator

Oh and try geco ammo, from aoraki ammo, bloody good stuff and a great price.

Oh and your gun is fucked. I'll buy it for 200 from you..
    Nah its not the gun its just the person operating the gun hahaha

northdude
    its not a terminator just the one its comes with standard and yea I'm starting to think its fukd fukn thing
    Beaker and Paddy79 like this.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    Nah its not the gun its just the person operating the gun hahaha
    hope not don't have any problems with any of the bolt guns

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    its not a terminator just the one its comes with standard and yea I'm starting to think its fukd fukn thing
    Due to your honesty, I'll up my offer to 250....
    Maca49 likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

how ever all I can say is @Kiwi Greg is since finally fitting the T3 brake on my 223 Ar15 well recoil is less, follow up shots are quicker and more accurate. definitely maybe a bit more louder for the poor bastards who wish to stand to the side of me but I don't care it is faster easier and quicker to lay rounds down range
    Kiwi Greg and Beaker like this.

northdude
    youd be better off with a sks the way this thing has gone worst case ill get another one that goes well and swap parts until I find out what it is but want to eliminate the ammo for now

northdude
    223 has bugger all recoil to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    223 has bugger all recoil to begin with
    Yes and now even less with the t3 I had to go T3 because of the bull barrel, now my 5 year old likes pulling that sensitive 3 gun match trigger

northdude
    one thing I should try I guess is make a dummy round and chamber it and see if the projectile is jammed in the lands

or give up hand loading and buy factory Hornady rounds

Try some factory as a few have said and see if the problem persists factory is pretty hot for pressure anyway. Measure coal of your reloads against the factory stuff then freebore drop a projectile in the chamber and tap lighly onto the lands measure distance from the muzzle end. Repeat with a dummy round the difference is the bullet jump to the rifling. It might not help but it cant hurt to know.