Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    216

    .404 Jeffery Brass

    I am trying to source RWS .404 Jeffery brass for a 330 Dakota I have. I already have 60 but need some more. It seems NZ Ammunition who I purchased the original brass from now only have Norma and I need all the same type. Does anyone know a secret source for this brass?

    Thanks

    Name:  DSC00889-001.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  388.9 KB

  2. #2
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    4,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    I am trying to source RWS .404 Jeffery brass for a 330 Dakota I have. I already have 60 but need some more. It seems NZ Ammunition who I purchased the original brass from now only have Norma and I need all the same type. Does anyone know a secret source for this brass?

    Thanks
    I have permits to get it out of the States if you can find some over there.

    Not a cheap exercise but doable.

  3. #3
    Member john m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    474
    I was able to get RWS brass for 9.3x64b in Australia.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    216
    Ok so after more research or should I say searching why not use 33 Nosler brass for my 330 Dakota? Same parent case 404 Jeffery basically the same design give or take a bit. Could use the 30 or 338 RUM brass but its as rare as hens teeth and I would have to knock the shoulder back a bit. So is there anyone bringing the Nosler brand of brass into NZ? Have had a pointless search around the traps and no luck. Natchez have it in the States but getting it here is the problem. There must be someone with a cunning plan out there.

    Name:  DSC00892-001.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  453.1 KB

  5. #5
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    4,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    So is there anyone bringing the Nosler brand of brass into NZ? Have had a pointless search around the traps and no luck. Natchez have it in the States but getting it here is the problem. There must be someone with a cunning plan out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I have permits to get it out of the States if you can find some over there.

    Not a cheap exercise but doable.
    As mentioned no problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Back on track again, some brass this morning


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Swap: WTT brass for 303 Brass 100pcs
    By 300_BLK in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-10-2016, 10:43 AM
  2. WTB: 444 Marlin brass and 32-20 brass.
    By jim160 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-10-2016, 08:32 AM
  3. new Remington .300 rum brass x 50 and norma .338 brass x50
    By ARdave in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-11-2015, 08:42 PM
  4. Wsm brass, brass catcher, 338 case holder, bino harness
    By PerazziSC3 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 10:38 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-11-2012, 04:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!