Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6.5 SAUM dies

6.5 SAUM dies

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for options on 6.5 SAUM reloading dies.

Does anyone have any good (or bad opinions / experiences) with CH4D dies? I jumped on their website the other night and I see that they offer 6.5 SAUM dies - including forming dies for sizing down 300 SAUM.

I already have a set of Hornady 7mm SAUM dies, that I have been using to successfully form 300 WSM cases to 7mm SAUM, Using Meguires car wax (sparingly to avoid dimples in the shoulder), so I will use this die as an intermediate between 300 SAUM and 6.5 SAUM. - unless someone wants to make me an offer on the dies.

Cheers,

Michael.

AB Precision
    I use comp 7mm saum redding dies, running the FL bushing die for sizing works well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I used Hornady dies supplied with rifle but now use 7SAUM body die, 7Saum Comp Neck Size Bushing die and the hornady dies for seating. Works grand.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Sorry Mikee, misunderstood you there. Did you mean using your Hornady 7 mm SAUM seating die as the 6.5 SAUM seating die?

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm-Mag View Post
    Sorry Mikee, misunderstood you there. Did you mean using your Hornady 7 mm SAUM seating die as the 6.5 SAUM seating die?
    Pm Kiwi Greg mate he will probably be able two help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm-Mag View Post

Yep but I think the seating stem was changed. KG would be able to tell you for sure I got the hornady die set off him with my rifle and it works bloody well> i brought the Redding dies cause well um they were shiny and I like shiny stuff.
    I Use a Dillon 550 to load on so to make brass a 7Saum die goes in station on and the neck size die in station 2 and a way we go. 300saum in one end and 6.5saum out the other end
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I just use the 7mm SAUM Redding Sdie with 6.5 bush Hornady seater