Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 6.5x47 with a Lee Collet Die

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Well you can't expect better than that.

The only reason I askeded my previous question to you was that I've seen so many shooters shoot one good group and proclaim that their rifle was a .5 MOA shooter or something similar. You're obviously too experienced to be fooled by that.

I do think (and have experienced it many times) that excessive runout has a detrimental effect on accuracy for certain types of shooting such as target or long range shooting. For hunting under 300m? Probably makes little or no difference.
    proof is in the pudding today when the dirty old tikka stock standard with standard Hunting loads cleaned up today at the manawatu and taihape deerstalker 300 comp against some pretty nice rigs.
    I think 138 out of 150 possible. 15 shots
    paper don't lie!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

you could shorten a 6.5x55 lcd easily they are not hardened. Lee sells Mandrels with different diameters fairly cheap special order and they will send them to New Zealand I have done this. As far as the bushing die goes how is your neck tension? if it is tight this might be contributing to the run out? but it sounds like you have it totally sorted with that cmpetition result. nice shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I got 9/10ths of the way to fixing this by experimentation yesterday. ...the fix was to rotate the shell holder by 180 degrees and feed from the other side.... not perfect results but much much better. ....

This suggests to me your shellholder isn't correctly aligning the case with the axis of the die, or the base of the shellholder isn't perpendicular to this axis.