Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

6mm 1:7.5 twist barrel

Hi, I m after the above mentioned barrel for a project. Anyone able to point me to the right direction? True-flite has been very helpful and has been my barrels of choice but very unfortunately their fastest is 1:8. Thank you for any advice.

For shooting 115 grain bullets? They should work from a 1:8" as I understand it.

Apparently 1:7.5 works best. As we know, button rifling can sometime be slightly out by about a quarter turn, so an eight twist could end up either 8.25 or 7.45 twist. Now if we can defiantly get a 8 twist then it will most lightly stabilized the 115gr pills but if it goes to the other extreme then it will most likely not be able to stabilized. Test has shown that the 115 gr pills shoots best with a 1:7.5 twist. Hence my head arch.

Reasonable. I suppose you'll have to import.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    MAB in Oz?

Impure Lead Flinger
    For the better $$$ and just cos... My plan for the 6mm is to run a .243AI barrel a 1-8 twist and push BRYNs 112gn RB/BT with the closed meplat...
    Ive been pushing his 105gn modules out of a straight 243 this last year and Bryns pills are shockingly accurate and they perform well to 1150m on steel.... 5m/s wind 7 MOA windage at 1050m.
    For the cost of the 115s id push the 112s

my 2 cents