Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi guys,

I spent this last weekend playing around with my 7mm, trying to get a hotter load. I'm aiming for 3000fps from a 24" barrel tikka varmint.

I'm resonably green at re-loading so I have some ques.

I started with working up a load using ADI 2213sc (the powder I had recommended). The max load recommended is 64g. I got up to 64.5g, but I'm only getting 2800fps. I had no pressure signs, but I was worried about pushing it further.

I then borrowed a bottle of Vihtavuori N560 and worked up a load with that. I got significantly more muzzle blast, but I did get to 2930fps using 69g and had a nice .6" group.

All loads were loaded to Mag length 85mm and the there was still powder room inside.

Afterwards I found that V N560 and ADI 2213sc have the same burn rate??

My questions are

Do I keep pushing the ADI powder? I would like to use it as it is cheaper and easier to get. Also I am not a big fan of the muzzle blast I get with the V N560.

Would shortening the OAL lower the pressures and allow me to push further? I'm not getting any pressure signs as yet.

Should I try another powder ie ADI 2217? I have been told its a waste of time in a 24" barrel.

Thanks guys

Try AR2225. I get 3100fps pushing 154SSTs, and 2970fps pushing 162SSTs. Launched from a T3 lite in 7mmRM. If you don't like the muzzle blast, make sure you never get a muzzle brake fitted. I can supply the exact load details if you want. In my experience it is not unusual to exceed ADI listed max loads in 7mmRM. Their data seems to be all over the place for this catridge. In all my considerable years of reloading this would be the exception though.

I've had good results with AR 2225 and Reloader 25 in my 26 inch barrelled 7mm Rem Mag. I would try either AR 2225 or AR 2217 as most people seem to get good results with these powders pushing 160 grain plus bullets in the 7mm Mag, perhaps 2217 may be better in a 24 inch barrel than 2225?

AB Precision
    N560 will give you the juice you are after..............it seams expensive but you get twice as much 1kg tin not 500grams at 170 its not that bad

Just gunna push in here I've just picked up a 7mmRM and have a 100 swift scirrocos 150's, I have 2213sc and 2217 does anyone have any loads using these combos? would be nice to get 3000fps will not be shoooting past 500 yds. I have gone up to 70 gns of 2217 with 154 hornys and no pressure signs so far.

Judging by the results I've had so far, in a 24" barrel the 2213sc is better....especialy with the lighter pills.