Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By DAF
  • 1 Post By Duck Gunner

Thread: 7mm wsm brass

7mm wsm brass

Anyone know where to get some new 7mm wsm brass ,have been told on backorder for years now.

LJP
    I looked at building a 7WSm recently & was turned off for the very same reason. Couldn't find brass & told on backorder with no expected delivery date. A quick google search revealed a similar problem in the USA. It appears that you would likely have to neck down 300WSM brass then fireform - the kicker is the shoulder junction is in a different spot so a Hard projectile jam would be required. Goodluck with your search.

DAF
    Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    I looked at building a 7WSm recently & was turned off for the very same reason. Couldn't find brass & told on backorder with no expected delivery date. A quick google search revealed a similar problem in the USA. It appears that you would likely have to neck down 300WSM brass then fireform - the kicker is the shoulder junction is in a different spot so a Hard projectile jam would be required. Goodluck with your search.
    If you make it a 7/300 WSM then no issue with this and there is plenty of brass about plus you get a longer neck then the 7wsm
    puku, 199p and nevereadyfreddy like this.
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

You could always use a false shoulder with the 300wsm brass, but I agree with DAF, 7-300 is the best of both worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DAF likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Hey Rangi yeah 7mm is right & bugger me he has a good memory

yes Ive got some but it's not new, around 80-100 pieces from memory 2-4 times fired ( mix of winny & Fed ) PM me if ya interested
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I just remember that dejected disappointed look on your face when you tried to get me to take it off your hands and I said I had a whole pile of new stuff.
    Hahahaha yeah was told it was like trying to find rocking horse shit. But then should expect someone called 7mmwsm should have an ample supply
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I have some once fired brass in my factory barrel but was bit tight in the new barrel even after full size. Found 50 new win in sports shop in wellington and no probs with that in new chamber, but on it's 6 round.Was told at the sika show that nosler was going to make it ,will see. cheers Dan

Can @45SOUTH get any or have any?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Rangidan

Looks like Winchester 7mm WSM brass has been discontinued. From what i read, its due to Winchester concentrating on Military contracts for brass and they are discontinuing some slow moving civilian cartridges. I think the .284 Winchester was also listed as being discontinued. Last year I tried for ages to get 7mm WSM brass (before going the 6.5mm SAUM route) and the distributors told me they had absolutely no idea if it was ever going to be available again - ironically, there is plenty of 7mm WSM factory ammo kicking around, though it all seems to be Federal and I know their brass is not too highly rated by some.

Makes me glad I went the 6.5mm SAUM route as there is a good supply of 300 SAUM Norma brass - which reminds me i need to order another hundred cases from the distributor, so I don't ever run out!
    Last edited by 6.5mm-mag; 18-05-2016 at 12:19 AM.

https://trademe.co.nz/1089066335
    Try this not cheap though😃