Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jpayne
  • 2 Post By Jpayne
  • 2 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By northdude

Thread: Adjusting for suppressor?

Adjusting for suppressor?

Got my rifle threaded for a suppressor. With the can on it shoots 1" down and 1" to the right at 100 yards, relative to the 2" high zero I use to get close to mpbr with a 7mm08.

Here's my question: I don't plan to use the can all the time. I'll carry it and use it sometimes. Mostly when shooting goat herds in tussock. But I can't figure a fairly seamless way to adjust from the one poi to the other at varying ranges. At 100 no sweat. But if the goats are at 320?......

Any tips? Or is it all or nothing?

If you use an app like applied ballistics or shooter etc. Just set another profile and change the point of impact on it to suit.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    YosemiteSam likes this.

Thank you JP. The range finder is awesome btw! I'll look at those apps.

PS. What smell could have been on the range finder pouch? My dog was terrified of it till I washed it.

Haha good to hear, I could only imagine it was that nice smell of a rutty bull tahr

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    223nut and YosemiteSam like this.

R93
    If you have a good reliable and repeatable scope and it isint a full turn on either turret to achieve the new zero.

Start with your scale at zero for the zero you use most and record and dial the new zero.
    A quick look at your turrets will tell you what zero your on.
    Did this heaps when I had one scope for multiple barrels on my blaser. Worked perfectly until I got dedicated scopes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Thanks R93. But while I can wind it in to zero at 100, what about all the other distances? Or am I over complicating it?

R93
    You can record the exact adjustments for each supp on and off. Zero your turrets and go from there.

I record my adjustments on my phone. I have a zero setting for supp on and off. Only for one scope I use bush hunting with the suppressor off.

I have a vertical change of 7 inches at 100. If I haven't used the scope in a while I forget which way around I had it, so I record in my notes on the phone which way around it is along with the required adjustment.
    Not too hard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Huk and YosemiteSam like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

northdude
    or just make a label that goes on the eye bell or stock if you don't have time to fluff around with your phone
    YosemiteSam likes this.

If you're a bush hunter just make a mental note of where point of impact is and adjust point of aim to suit
    If you're shooting farther away then you'll have to be more technical than that
    The only time my suppressor isn't on my rifles in when they are in the safe
    Just buy a light suppressor and make the rifle short enough that its not a hassle
    You could go down to arround 18inchs barrel and still get good enough speeds and killing power with a decent bullet for out to 500m
    And have a pretty compact rifle even with the suppressor on

Just me
    Last edited by rambo-6mmrem; 08-08-2017 at 11:41 PM.

I haven't used mine much without suppressor but have tried it for thick bush,
    Dialled difference (1.3 mRad) and held over using mil dots depending on range. One benefit of spending more on a dialable FFP Scope