Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: best factory ammo t3 308

ive never shot a t3 that doesn't shoot Remington corloct or fed blue box or both
    my mates 7mm-08 shot both the Remington 140gn coreloct and the 150gn fed bluebox to the same poi at 100m which was very surprising very handy as you could buy what ever the local shop had and go hunting no rezero or anything
    buzzman and deer243 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    ive never shot a t3 that doesn't shoot Remington corloct or fed blue box or both
    my mates 7mm-08 shot both the Remington 140gn coreloct and the 150gn fed bluebox to the same poi at 100m which was very surprising very handy as you could buy what ever the local shop had and go hunting no rezero or anything
    I love the Fed blue box ammo in my 243, they awesome at stopping animals. The local shops are always trying to sell me the fusions thou. im not changing as the Feds work too good but what have people found using the fusions in their 308s or any cal for that matter? im sure they work good but i have never seen any group any good.
    Ive seen they in a 7m 08, 308, 3006 at the range and the groups were all shit, even out of a sako.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    How do you find the ballistics of them? Near the packet advise? Got them zeroed at 200m yet to use them any further though
    will depend on your gun barrel every rifles different even t3 to t3
    never trust what it says on the box they normally use longer test barrels to make it look more impressive chrony your rifle is the only way to know for sure
    I know a guy who trusted his box as gospel he would hold over to his box and wonder why he was missing I giggled and get him waste 100 rounds before I explained to him that it was only a very rough guide and the fact he only had a 15 inch barrel it would be miles off what the box says
    deer243 likes this.

Thats true Rambo-6mmrem but as stated out of my 24 inch barrel the 150 doing 2995(box 3000) and the 165 2830(box 2840) so thats pretty good for the hornady SF sst doing what it states

Yep all good that a good speed for fact ammunition you have a 24inch barrel which is most likely the same length as hornady's test barrel
    Most rifles standard these days have 22inch barrels and 60% have been cut alot shorter
    Best to borrow a crony if you don't have one and it only takes a few minutes to bast 5 rounds over it
    I know you have done so but so meay don't and just take the box as gospel
    deer243 likes this.

+1 for Federal blue box .308 150 gr. easily shoots sub-MOA in my old Rem 700.

many shops will do a 3-pack deal which works out a bit cheaper, at the moment I'm using Winchester Super X 150 gr. for $100/3 boxes.

will depend on your gun barrel every rifles different even t3 to t3
    never trust what it says on the box they normally use longer test barrels to make it look more impressive chrony your rifle is the only way to know for sure
    I know a guy who trusted his box as gospel he would hold over to his box and wonder why he was missing I giggled and get him waste 100 rounds before I explained to him that it was only a very rough guide and the fact he only had a 15 inch barrel it would be miles off what the box says
    Don't have a chronic, one day I will get sorted an make the most of the neighbours riverbed where I can get out to 400m and get real data!

Federal fusion 150 gr in my tikka 270wsm shoot way better than the 130 gr from the federal blue box. But the federal 150gr blue box 308 is also one of my favourite round in my hunting guns
    deer243 likes this.

I love corelocts for hunting the bc's are shit so no good if your shooting anything over 350-400 they are a bonded bullet and super hard so I find they work best if you shoot what ever it is right in the shoulder blade goes though buggers lungs and hart and normally exits out the other shoulder blade with an exit hole I can fit my fist into and drops them on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Don't have a chronic, one day I will get sorted an make the most of the neighbours riverbed where I can get out to 400m and get real data!
    the forum has crony's for members to borrow check the sticky at the top of this setion

I love corelocts for hunting the bc's are shit so no good if your shooting anything over 350-400 they are a bonded bullet and super hard so I find they work best if you shoot what ever it is right in the shoulder blade goes though buggers lungs and hart and normally exits out the other shoulder blade with an exit hole I can fit my fist into and drops them on the spot
    Can you tell me how you manage to hit the heart while going through the two shoulder blades?
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1126
Size:  64.1 KB

the forum has crony's for members to borrow check the sticky at the top of this setion
    South islands seems to have been lost! Have one I can borrow if I wanted but prefer real world data

He will sell it before the barrel gets warm.

shot the 150grn sst superformance today 1/4" @ 100 5 shots lol

For sale yet Buzz, im keen at the right $, depreciation is a bitch though.
    buzzman and Timmay like this.