Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Deal Extreme ultra sonic cleaner

Deal Extreme ultra sonic cleaner

Just curious if anybody uses one or any other cheapy in their loading set up. I'm without a case cleaning device and not willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for something that's probably just a re branded Chinese thing anyway.

I use a cheapo job from one of the daily deal sites for $40 (cant remember which one) and it works brilliantly. You don't need to change the liquid with each load either. I normally do about 6 loads of 25 308/243 cases before changing.

Short thread here http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...c-cleaner-579/
    Last edited by gadgetman; 21-04-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    onslaught5012 likes this.

I bought one a while back, took ages to get here, then ceased to work after 3 cleans (1.30m each) Spend the extra and get this one from Jaycar, I've had it for 2 months now, and probably put 500 cases through it, no issues at all.

Domestic Ultrasonic Cleaner - Jaycar Electronics

I also bought 3 led torches, which have all broke, and ordered 2x 30mm rings, and am still waiting for the second one to arrive, its only been 3 months though.

Also, I use Shower power and water, and get about 100 cases before changing. Don't bother with the expensive shit from the gun shop.

I've got the Deal Extreme one. It works fine. However, it is on a non-adjustable timer and only runs for a couple of minutes. It drives you up the wall having to restart it several times for each load of cases.

Mine is the same as yours Brennos. It can run for up to 7.5 minutes, I just give them a good mix up before the second 7.5 minutes. Cant fault it for only $40.

That's it gadget, 7.30 is the max. Water can get pretty hot after about 14 mins. I have used citric acid, but if you don't wash them thoroughly the cases get a funny discolouration.

I toss the cleaned brass into a yoghurt container of warm water and baking soda and leave it there till the next batch has had it's first 7.5 minute cycle. Then I pull them out and flush them with hot water before flinging the water out and standing them up on a towel to dry, which whilst being hot doesn't take long. The best improvement to the brass prep was getting a decappig die so that there is really just the one cleaning operation. I don't have to go back and muck about with the primer pockets as they just come out so clean. I normally just use 1/3 vinegar to 2/3 water for my solution but have also tried citric acid. A few drops of detergent don't go amiss either.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Y do use all use ultrasonic cleaners... What is this fad u are involved with? Am I missing something or is throwing the cases in my tumbler and the same media ive used for 5yrs and thousands of cases not good enough?
    Does this mean I have to spend money?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Y do use all use ultrasonic cleaners... What is this fad u are involved with? Am I missing something or is throwing the cases in my tumbler and the same media ive used for 5yrs and thousands of cases not good enough?
    You know you will anyway. Ya cant help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    No real stand out advantages AFAIK, the only one I can think of off the tippity toppity of my mind is not get media stuck in your flash hole. I'll buy whichever I can get for cheaper (and works). I guess the ultra sonic would be more useful if you bought it for other tasks other than reloading.

I use both. I decap, ultrasonic clean, then tumble. I use my ultra sonic cleaner for cleaning jewellery, and other small metal things, cleaned a knife with it the other day, got all the crap out of the handle joint area.

Can also clean suppressors with them apparently

With a limited budget they clean pretty good, but do not polish like the tumbler, and do a very good job of the primer pockets. That last bit I found particularly slow and fiddly with just some brushes. I don't mind that the end product doesn't shine so much I squint when I look at it.

I polished 50 cases in about 30min on the buffer at work. mirror shiney is there any real advantage in cleaning inside the case? mine get wire brushed in the dill inside the neck and thats it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

It's just easier and cleaner. Takes a couple of secs to knock out each primer, then batch up and throw in the cleaner. Time wise very quick and easy and better job than the brush in the neck, it just cleans the whole case. Also can do it inside and not get dust everywhere, which from experience isn't good on the Brownie Points scheme. As the plaque my brother-in-law had says, "I'm the boss in my house, and I have my wife's permission to say so!"