Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Hornady 6.5mm 147gr ELD-M's

Hey all,

So I stumbled across this new product from Hornady, anyone looking at getting some? Should be quite good in the larger 6.5 cases one would think.

Link: Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Bullets :: Rifle :: Choose by Caliber :: .264 6.5mm :: 6.5mm .264 147 gr ELDŽ Match

There are a number of new bullets in the ELD lines which look good too. If those BC's hold true they have a lot of potential!

Hey, don't knock the smaller cases! This bad boy will still exit at 2800 from the 6.5x47 here with its long tube, and the more frangible construction will make them usable way out there for even moderate MVs, plus we'll all benefit from the improved wind-bucking - surpassing the 180gr Berger in 7mm (if the BC is to be trusted)...

How long do you all think before we see any? Not knocking any cases, that would be very impressive if they can leave a 6.5x47 @ 2800. I was thinking more along the lines of a 6.5 SAUM @ say 3050 -3100... Good dose of slow powder should do it?

I'll be trying them in the .260. Same length/bearing surface as the 143, just a thinner jacket and more lead. I get 2750 with the 143 so I can't imagine it being an issue to get somewhere around 2600-2700 with an extra 4 grains of bullet.