Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 7mmsaum

Thread: Lemi Shine/Dove for Lyman Rotary Tumbler??

Lemi Shine/Dove for Lyman Rotary Tumbler??

I recently purchased a Lyman rotary tumbler that uses the small stainlelss pins as the tumbling medium. I thought that I had read on this site where someone suggested using Lemi Shine and Dawn dish detergent in place of the more expensive Lyman Turbo Sonic cleaner solution. But....I did not write down the amounts of each to use. Hoping that it was on this site, and that I can get a reply for how much to use. Either way, I am glad to have found this very good site, and all the info available here.

Caretaker
    A flat tablespoon of either would be plenty, the acidic nature of the product is great for adding shine to the polished brass -and the other ingredient (a water softener) stops watermarks and streaky residues from forming as the brass dries.
    Feather or Shoot likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I've got the same stainless tumbler as you.

I use 3 squirts of Original Fairy washing up liquid, 1 squirt of dishwasher rinse aid and 1 tablespoon of citric acid granules.

A couple of tips for you:

1. Don't try and clean more than 50 cases at a time or they don't clean properly.
    2. Fill the drum to 50mm below the top with warm (not hot) water
    3. De-cap before cleaning (don't resize as the cleaning process will affect the case neck)
    4. Tumble for 3 hours, then dry (best way to do this is with a food grade dehumidifier). When dry; resize, trim to length and chamfer. Then tumble again for 30 mins (this removes any swarf from the sizing process. Then dry again and ready to go.

Hope this helps

Armourall car wash, citric acid, and creme of tartar.