Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Looking for the following dies around hamilton/ waikato

Hi,
    As I have just caught the winter wildcatting fever , I am looking for somebody with a 270 weatherby full length die or 270 or 7 mm weatherby Redding type-s die. If possible around the waikato area. I want to be able to neck down some weatherby brass down to 6.5
    You can pm me.
    Thanks

What are you trying to achive a 6.5 x 257 or 270 weatherby????
    Weatherby mkv or nothing

6.5 - 7 mm. Yes 6.5-257 would be the same but 7 mm brass was cheaper and can be neck turned if required.
    Th 270 weatherby dies would have brought me 1 step closer to 6.5 mm with out stressing the brass too much.

Redding make custom dies for the6.5 x257 or also called the 264 brooks Ive already had Arthur Cleland build one and he imported the dies and other pieces for me. Shoots really well too as a FO target rifle. I built it an a mkv action.
    Weatherby mkv or nothing

I ll get a type s Redding die in 7 weatherby and go from there with different bushings.
    If you have loading info etc I would be keen to dig in your knowledge about the round. Thanks

Why play round when you can get a redding custom deluxe three die set in 6.5x257 weatherby for it. If I remember correctly about 380 nz is what they cost me. 264 Winchester magnum brass will also work but a little short until fireformed.Just run through full length die and 98% formed. ADI 2217 is the powder im using in mine with a sierra mk 142gr norma brass and fed mag primer. Running this threw a bartlein 31 inch barrel. I am Cruising it but exceeding 6.5x284 velocity. Hope this helps you
    Weatherby mkv or nothing