Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gud shit Tone, well thats a bloody good start for ya

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    If your after maximum splat with a decent BC the 87gr Hornady Vmax is impressive! If you really want to stretch the ranges the 105gr Amax is the preferred choice if your barrel twist shoots it accurately.
    Yup if the 105 doesn't work the 87gr Vmax is super accurate in my rifle and they make a mess of things... taken a few goats as well and they do some damage for sure

This one has a big hole but what you can see in the pick is how empty the neck is behind the hole..

I can vouch for the V-Max also. I shot one with Leathel's rifle that same day front on and it instantly fell over and died. Massive amount of blood loss on the ground and big wound.

I caught my smelly armpits from Cowboy Tone's Avatar
    oh my gosh, i know i told my wife i was buying NOTHING............well well well, off to the jewellery shop MR TONE.....sucker.

Gold. If the 105 Amaxes don't work, try some Targex 105's. Byrn makes them in 1:8 and 1:9 twist barrels.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    So I was up at the Taupo Range again today taking care of the rest of the Minah population when who should turn up.....Mark Bridgeman. What was he doin? He was running up some loads for a 243! WTF Strike me down. So after talking and chewing the fat for 10 mins, I mentioned I would like to reload for the 243.
    "No worries Tone, give me a ring and we will set it up. What gear have you got?"
    I havent got any yet I say
    "Good cause I got shit loads from stinky to gold plated. You can work out what is best for your needs. Here is my card"

Well, I dont think I get anymore fortunate that that.
    Well you've landed on your feet there Tone, professional advice and at your doorstep.
    The only problem I would forsee rabbit shooting with the 105gr, is to shoot to 400+ you'll need a turret scope and a good proven drop chart.
    The 87gr vmax etc will be faster and flatter, a little more forgiving if holdover is the method used.