Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vectan powders

Vectan powders

Looking for reloading data for Vectan AS powder. (It's a shotgun powder). If anyone has any data, especially for MEC bushes etc, it would be greatly appreciated.
    C
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Hi Bulltahr, I have some data for vectan powders, AS & A1 what type of cases are you wanting to load?

Hi FB, I have AS wanting to load 1oz 12g and 20g......................
    Machete don't text!

Hi Tussock, Yes

Hi Bulltahr, The loading data I have is from Target Products Timaru, ( now Falcon ), the load for 12ga load for Winchester AA cases is for 1 1/8oz load, win 209 primer, WAA Wad, 22.0gr Vectan AS powder, 1275FPS
    Pressure 6800PSI. I load 1.0 oz loads with 21.5 gr of AS, Win WAA 1oz wads, 209 primer, Winchester AA cases or Falcon cases and get 1306fps average across the chrony out of 30" trap gun, as you can see it is .5 gr below max for 11/8 load so is quite good to shoot, I havn't any 20ga data, I used to have a MEC but now have a Ponsness Warren press and cannot remember the bush no,s for the MEC, I use 21.5gr because it is as close as I can get to 22gr with the bushes I have available for my press without opening one out, I am sure you could increase to 22gr+ with 1oz if you require more velocity.
    If you want to PM me your e-mail address then I could scan the info and send to you.

Thanks FB, just what I need, looking for a 1 oz load, 1200 fps more or less sporting load. Using a MEC .
    Machete don't text!

More Nobel Vectan

I just posted this elsewhere but this seems a better place so will do so again. I just bought Nobel Vectan AS and was shown loading saying 17.7g, "Downrange" (5 petal) wads, Cheddite primer, Remington STS hull, gives 1200 ft with 1 oz lead. That's a fine trap load!
    Last edited by Buehler; 22-07-2015 at 05:57 AM. Reason: miss spelled Remington!

Vectan PowderLD12Vectan(1).pdf

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk