Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wilcats and Pressure

Hey

What's up?

L.R
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Hey

What's up?
    Pressures

Nah mine are all good bro

I know because

wait

fuck
    steven likes this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    67k is not something that has been run in a case with a .640 case head for 30-40 years Spanner.
    The 408 and 375 chey tac were designed to run at normal magnum pressures of around 63k.

I know that my action is safe at 67k because KG has done the proof pressure testing for me

No seriously Greg Duley has loaded it higher to check pressures and signs and found the, so is happy that we are safe at 67k.

I really just don't get why you guys think that you have stumbled on something that other experts in the field have not been able to do to any degree.
    All you have done is push the brass and action further into the danger zone, this is not something new, idiots have been doing it for years.
    Little bit of a twist of what I implied there.
    You originally said your 67 was based off the LM pressures......

Hey if you've gone higher, found the pressures and come back, then sweet as - not discounting that at all.
    But broaden your outlook a bit and consider 'what-if' someone is doing something different that works....

What about Carlocks +P - go back 4-5 yrs or whatever - the 338 Edge has progressed has it not?

Once again you're 'presuming' the pins out of the grenade, maybe you're not shooting the same chamber, and maybe something else isnt been given away just yet.

This is all in regards to the 375, but as a broader picture the discussion of a development still has validity.

Are you wanting to go through with shear analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    The fact is that the 375 chey tac case and strong custom actions are a combination that has been used for several years now, for KG to be the first to discover that it is safe to push way above the accepted norms seems hard to believe.
    You are guessing, without knowing my case capacity, seating depth, throat design, bullet coating..........

I was told by Daniel (CE Bullets) earlier this year when I was shooting the 400s out of my 375 Terminator that I had the second highest velocity that he knew of at that time.

That case was "over 67500 PSI" as well, but it is on the same action & barrel combination (7.8 exit twist) with Lapua brass that survived 15+ firings.

There is very little data out there with the large 375 CE pills simply because very few people have shot them.

This is mainly due to barrel twist rates & people willing to think outside the square, as I did when I asked Daniel to make the 425s for me.

I'm not particularly happy with being singled out & accused of over loading a case when mine is different to others.

Not to mention there is basically no other load data available for the 375, 400, 425 pills shot out of an imp Cheytac case like mine.

Here is something to think about.

My CE 350s run at 3350 FPS out of a 32 gain twist barrel with Retumbo with what I judge to be similar pressure to the 400 & 425 pills.

Kirbys 375 Allen magnum data on his site with a 30" barrel & 350 SMKs states 3300fps with Retumbo.

So if you are going to continue to accuse me of over loading to the extent that you are, I suggest you talk to Kirby as well........

There is a very good chance that the DCM has a greater capacity than the 375 AM.

You can choose to run your loads at what ever pressure you are comfortable with, as can I.

Nobody here is thinking far enough outside the square - brass is gay, want more speed throw away the brass, buy a yellow bastard and toss a 250gn pill at 3850fps. If you build a complete system around max velocity and specify an action to take the bolt thrust you are sorted.

Shoving big cases into rem's etc all seems a bit like boy racers putting kits on nana's old mitzi to me - its never going to be a race car, if you want a race car go build an effin race car...

As for the universal reciever I suspect that building one would be easier than importing one (and paying for it)
    Big block of steel, bore hole through and thread both ends - front one gets the barrel with extra long tenon (with savage style barrel nut for headspace) back end gets a breech plug (2 inch HT bolt with fine thread should hold a few kpsi). Firing pin drilled through the bolt centre only needs to float free and project just past the end of the plug in either direction, simple spring loaded striker to fire the round - hint dont stand behind it if a primer pops, could possibly put in a safety feature like a curving up bracket behind to send it skywards. If you want to explore MAAAAX pressures chamber the barrels deep so cases fit flush like a pistol, headspace by winding the barrel down onto the plug. Sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Load up the highest pressure load you can think of put in your gun tie a string to your trigger stand back a bit and if it fire it off, if your gun blows up its too high and your gun cant handle that, then get a a new gun and try it again but lower the pressure how ever you do that(different powder amounts? idk) then try it again, if gun blows up then try again.
    @Toby did you try this yet?
    This thread made interesting reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toby likes this.