Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: .22 ammo

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    Ditto on comments to buy a whole lot of different .22LR subsonic ammo and see what your particular rifle likes ... you can never have enough ammo! I have 2 .22LR subsonic rigs (10/22 Ruger and a Weihrauch bolt action (HW60J?)). I started using CCI subs and never had a problem at all. Great bang for the buck as they say. I started getting into serious pest control work and moved to the Winchester which is made in Australia I believe (don't quote me). The Winchester shoots a little better in the bolt action but it's nearly twice the price so you would expect some improvement.
    Because of the costs, my son shoots CCI in the semi auto and I shoot the Winchester. Hope this helps ... keep safe! Gunzrrr

I put winchester 42g subs through the marlin 925. More accurate than high vel out of this particular rifle...and feels better leaving the barrel.
    Aim, take the safety off.........and dance

Winchester power point for supersonic, the American made seems a little better than the aussie, for subsonic the Remington and Hyland shot equally well but the Hyland projectiles seem too hard to reliably expand so Remmy is it. The Ruger 1022, Brno and unique x51 handle both fine in 40 gr the 42 grn Winchester wouldn't hit a flock of barns in the ruger though. The gevarm occasionally has issues with subs so it only gets supersonic.

Hi Marty - I would like to use the suppressor on my Unique but it won't eject the case - any thoughts on what I could do