Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: JW15 yeah or nah

What about other "cheeper" brands such as mossberg or mag tech?. Similar prices or am i better off splashing out on a ruger, marlin ect

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

You'll end up using it lots, but I'd still stick with the JW, mine became the go-to 22 over my Remington 597, not that it's much better, but it works well and surprisingly accurate for such a cheap rifle. Fiocchi subs are the most consistent accuracy in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    You'll end up using it lots, but I'd still stick with the JW, mine became the go-to 22 over my Remington 597, not that it's much better, but it works well and surprisingly accurate for such a cheap rifle. Fiocchi subs are the most consistent accuracy in mine.
    Keen to do a bit more shooting as im to tight to shoot my 308 much. Mates are telling me that norinco is cheep shit basically. Seems most people are happy with them thou

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Yep go for it. I had one, cut the barrel down and made a over barrel full length suppressor. Shot straight and was whisper quiet with cci subs. Should have never sold it bugger it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Stripped the crappy finish and stained and oiled the stock as well

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

For the money they are not bad BUT you do get the odd one that is ruddy hopeless. Quite often you can pick up a nice second hand Marlin, Remmy etc or even a euro such as voere. Great thing with the JW15 is they come as a package deal including scope and suppresor. The best model which is super hard to find now is the EM332, a real tack driver. Check out nzrimfire as the guys usally have something for sale there too.

As said they usually shoot ok (there are exceptions as the factory QC isn't great), the action/trigger/safety are often rough as guts but smooth out over time or with a bit of work (polishing etc) from someone who knows what they're doing.

Personally I don't regret spending a bit more for something nicer instead.

Yeah, they work and some are pretty accurate, but they are pretty rough.

For my money I would spend a little more on a marlin or keep an eye on TM as second hand Brnos and EM332s pop up for around the $500 mark fairly often and are much nicer in fit and finish and consistency.
    steven likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I bought one 2nd hand no regrets. Scope is a bit shit but suppressor is good. Shoots straight I can't afford a cz or Brno. There's worse thinks you could spend your money on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Savage rimfires, come up cheap second hand at times and have one of the best factory triggers. Marlin also good as mentioned, one of the best reputations for accuracy (there always exceptions to the rule mind you) but standard triggers can be heavy. CZ good too, no more accurate than the others and standard trigger pretty heavy too but very pretty and nicely finished.

TOZ and Zastava seem to have good reputation as decent quality cheaper options too.

I like the little JW-15a. Got an older second hand one and had it shortened and suppressed for the kids to use. Functions well and shoots straight.

Sighted it in at 50m for them with three five shot groups.

jakewire and veitnamcam like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Next time I touch a norinco it will be cause the fire needs to be stoked up
    Spudattack and BRADS like this.

I do Toz bolt actions and feel that they can compete on price with the Norincos when the extra magazines are taken into account.

For the JW15 make sure you avoid anything with "Polytech" on it. Polytech is a Norinco factory (of which there are quite a number) and polytech is nowhere near as good as the "proper" Norinco. Quality control seems to be optional for them from what we have seen and fixed. Anything with a wooden stock should b fine as all the Polytech ones we have seen have been synthetic stocks. But there are "proper" Norinco with synthetic stocks as well.

If looking second hand consider the Stirling model 14 bolt action too. Should be similar money. One on Trade me at the moment for around the $200 mark from memory.

For what its worth, a new Toz with a wooden stock and FOUR magazines retails at $499. Considering a Norinco is around $299 and the extra mags are $50 each then that step up is only a few extra dollars. (The Toz comes with two 5 shot and two 10 shot mags.)

If you PM me your email, I am happy to send some pictures and more details. If you get it via the forum I will add some other bits to it at no extra charge.

I have a marlin stainless 795 in bloody good cond which iv been thinking about moving on . It's a real accurate one as most of them are .Pm if interested.
    Savage1 and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I like the little JW-15a. Got an older second hand one and had it shortened and suppressed for the kids to use. Functions well and shoots straight.

Sighted it in at 50m for them with three five shot groups.

You get @Toby to shoot that group for you?
    gadgetman and Toby like this.