Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Spotlights for rabbits

Spotlights for rabbits

Hi folks. I've been spotlighting rabbits with my LED Lenser P7.2 -- not bad at 320 lm but I want something brighter. What's a good/baseline luminosity for rabbits? Looking at this Spotlight LED | Powerful LED Spotlight – PSL
    Thanks to the Playstation we have the outdoors to ourselves!

Maxtoch.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Maxtoch.

Maxtoch,the led Spotlight you linked only has a max lumen output of 650.

My maxtoch is great no doubt but it pisses me off to no end not being able to run it off the bike. We always find our selfs using the old spotlight. Rather have a bit less light and go all night with out fucking around with batterys
    Wirehunt likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

My Maxtoch runs well over an hour per set of batts. I find that the less than a minute it takes to change batts is no hassle at all
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    My maxtoch is great no doubt but it pisses me off to no end not being able to run it off the bike. We always find our selfs using the old spotlight. Rather have a bit less light and go all night with out fucking around with batterys
    Wires are so last century.

A spare set of batteries (or two) will have you set for over 4 -6 hours and only a minute to change.

MAXTOCH Sniper M24 Limited Version 1250lm, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Long Shooting Distance Hunt Flashlight-in Flashlights & Torches from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Re batt change on Maxtoch. Its easy to do in the dark cause the batts have an indent on the +ve end. You can do it with your eyes close.
    Maxtoch is the way to go!!!!!!
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

I still rather have a wire. Nothing you say will change that. I've spent enough time spotlighting to know what I like.

It cant be that hard to make it work off a wire, surely. Maxtoch would be an awesome light with a cord that plugs into the bike/truck. Its bloody good and I love mine but we always end up just using the old spotlight
    Tommy likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

I've found that with several battery tools/gadgets I have, at least half the price lies in the battery, which always have a very finite life. My Snap-on impact gun has two batteries, but one is on the piss at the moment, and the Snap-On man says they are an 'obsolete' battery now (2 years old FFS, getting rapidly sick of their bullshit lifetime warranty which means jack shit, for top dollar)... Sooo I can wait for the other one to die and ''upgrade to the new one'' for the low low price of $1300 or just revert back to my $300 Ingersol-Rand pneumatic gun instead and get a cheap Makita one for in the car. Why the hell the arsehole thinks I'm just going to keep throwing money at him while they keep changing the shape of their proprietary batteries all the time I don't know. Shaft me once, I ain't playing a second hand..

Our old 12v halogen corded spotlight is still cranking years and years later, occasionally a bulb goes but I have a couple spare and I pick them from Repco for under $5 each trade price.. There's nothing wrong with it.

Sorry for the thread hijack but in a similar vein. Does anyone know if these head torches are any good?

<url>http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32341305220.html<url>

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Maxtoch.
    What he said
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Maxtoch

If you're getting just one hour get some panasonic 3400 protected buttontop batts.

Burran - I have the little Maxtoch HO1 headlamp. Not a long distance thrower - more a camp and walker light. Well made, very cute.

Maxtoch is over rated until those 2 stags met my mate on Sunday nite.A 6 and an 8.He is similarly a convert to non wires. Sounds like a new sex move.