Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Kscott
  • 6 Post By gundoc
  • 1 Post By Wirehunt

Thread: Sydney irony with a rabbit explosion

Sydney irony with a rabbit explosion

Oh I was so disappointed, I thought Australia was suffering from exploding rabbit syndrome.

Sydney Morning Herald article

Populations of wild rabbits have exploded across Sydney in recent months, with plenty of rain meaning there is more vegetation for feeding and raising breeding rates.

Councils and landowners now face the difficulty of culling rabbit numbers, with a highly contagious virus the solution of choice.

However, the solution is controversial because it also can infect and kill domestic rabbits.
    In such a gun friendly state.

Seems a similar problem to Invercargill City Council, who will poison them, because no-one thinks they can be shot safely.
    Council wants cemetery rabbits six feet under | NZNews | 3 News

Well councils do love to waste money
    carlhurley likes this.

Kscott wrote "Seems a similar problem to Invercargill City Council, who will poison them, because no-one thinks they can be shot safely.
    Council wants cemetery rabbits six feet under | NZNews | 3 News"

Yes, attitudes have certainly changed over the years. In 1968 I was contracted by the Bluff Borough Council to shoot all the wild cats that had invaded the local cemetery and peoples back yards after a large fire on Bluff Hill. They were quite happy for me to wander round the cemetery with a suppressed 10/22, and I also had the full run of backyards after 9pm (landowners were instructed to keep all pets inside from 8pm as all cats seen would be shot). I got over 100 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Kscott wrote "Seems a similar problem to Invercargill City Council, who will poison them, because no-one thinks they can be shot safely.
    Council wants cemetery rabbits six feet under | NZNews | 3 News"

Yes, attitudes have certainly changed over the years. In 1968 I was contracted by the Bluff Borough Council to shoot all the wild cats that had invaded the local cemetery and peoples back yards after a large fire on Bluff Hill. They were quite happy for me to wander round the cemetery with a suppressed 10/22, and I also had the full run of backyards after 9pm (landowners were instructed to keep all pets inside from 8pm as all cats seen would be shot). I got over 100 of them!
    id say its because you were probably a crack shot
    quick and quiet with noone any the wiser,

I live in western Sydney and the amount of rabbits out this way is crazy!! I just sneak around the local hot spots I know with the bow in hand.

Ejected
    Councils only know two methods, shooting and poison. The second one being their preferred option.

The dumb fuckers don't seem to realise there is a few other ways as well...

I am surprised the council knew it was possible to shoot a rabbit!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ejected
    They struggle with the idea.

But if you like irony; ORC say they only do big poison jobs, won't touch anything with guns or small BLAH BLAH BLAH Fuck they talk some shit, because I know they are doing shooting jobs. Just don't think the CEO has been informed of that, so he is running around saying "no we don't" meanwhile the staff are out there doing it with rifles......

But for fuck sack don't think for a second they will do any blocks they should be doing, what with them being MMS 6+ no no no. They look like hard jobs and they might cost money instead of making it.......
    veitnamcam likes this.