Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Varmint Cal

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    How big are the squares?
    A hornady tech told me 50gr v or z max will self destruct on the way to the target in a 8 twist at 3300.
    I am shooting them at 3130 and haven't had any problems.

Shit I am shooting 40gr v-max out of my Sako 75 .223 fast twist, (3600fps) you would think, they would fly apart, long before a 50gr, v-max.
    I can say, that a Speer TNT green in 30gr doesn't hit target very often, from my .223, but I don't have a .22 hornet anymore, so had to give it a go.

How different to the 223 magnum is the 22 terminator and what are its advantages. Seems as the 204 was based on the 223 mag necking it back up is just re arranging the deckchairs. Honest question as i am cosidering buying another 22 250 but this caught my eye.

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    How different to the 223 magnum is the 22 terminator and what are its advantages. Seems as the 204 was based on the 223 mag necking it back up is just re arranging the deckchairs. Honest question as i am cosidering buying another 22 250 but this caught my eye.

You mean 222 Magnum.
    Search for 22 terminator Greg goes over this in a few threads.
    Yes iv had the 50's doing 3300 in a 223, and no problems, I only mentioned it as the guy with the terminator said he was going to get them going a lot faster. Just a friendly heads up.
    300_BLK and Marty Henry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    You mean 222 Magnum.
    Search for 22 terminator Greg goes over this in a few threads.
    Yes iv had the 50's doing 3300 in a 223, and no problems, I only mentioned it as the guy with the terminator said he was going to get them going a lot faster. Just a friendly heads up.
    I believe the shoulder angle of the 222 Mag was improved when the 204 Ruger was developed.

With a fast twist barrel you are getting 222 Mag performance + and the benefits of the heavier, high BC projectiles which retain their energy at longer ranges.
    @Marty Henry you are getting 22-250 performance with 25 - 30 grains of ball powder or 24-28 grains of extruded powder without the recoil and noise of the 250. Personally I love the 22-250 and will likely buy another out of pure nostalgia...