Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 70 of 70
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: 2 STAGS IN ONE WEEK

  1. #61
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    842
    Im just getting into longer range shooting myself , spent years gestamating & holding high if I couldn't get closer ,but now iv got a 7mm rm , rangefinder & reasonable scope , I was quite surprised how crap my shooting was on paper for a while there , sooo embarrassing in front of friends lol as all id ever really done was sight in 3" high at 100 & left it at that but now a real GC forum member aka Mac took my rifle & developed a wicked load , so iv been doing a bit of practice only gone to 300 on paper but it was really good to see where my bullets are hitting rather than a ruff idea !..5" low so that tells me at 400 I should pretty much rest the x hairs on the back of a deer & il be filling my mutton cloth with backsteaks I pinged a nice tahr at 307 a couple of days ago poleaxed it !...but im looking forward to testing that out to 500 on paper first just waiting on some more projectiles .
    trooper90 and 7mm Rem Mag like this.

  2. #62
    Valued Member 7mm Rem Mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gone Bush
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Im just getting into longer range shooting myself , spent years gestamating & holding high if I couldn't get closer ,but now iv got a 7mm rm , rangefinder & reasonable scope , I was quite surprised how crap my shooting was on paper for a while there , sooo embarrassing in front of friends lol as all id ever really done was sight in 3" high at 100 & left it at that but now a real GC forum member aka Mac took my rifle & developed a wicked load , so iv been doing a bit of practice only gone to 300 on paper but it was really good to see where my bullets are hitting rather than a ruff idea !..5" low so that tells me at 400 I should pretty much rest the x hairs on the back of a deer & il be filling my mutton cloth with backsteaks I pinged a nice tahr at 307 a couple of days ago poleaxed it !...but im looking forward to testing that out to 500 on paper first just waiting on some more projectiles .
    Congrats on the Tahr you will be stoked, glad you are liking the new riffle. I can't wait to get out and do some more range work myself.
    Boaraxa likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

  3. #63
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Im just getting into longer range shooting myself , spent years gestamating & holding high if I couldn't get closer ,but now iv got a 7mm rm , rangefinder & reasonable scope , I was quite surprised how crap my shooting was on paper for a while there , sooo embarrassing in front of friends lol as all id ever really done was sight in 3" high at 100 & left it at that but now a real GC forum member aka Mac took my rifle & developed a wicked load , so iv been doing a bit of practice only gone to 300 on paper but it was really good to see where my bullets are hitting rather than a ruff idea !..5" low so that tells me at 400 I should pretty much rest the x hairs on the back of a deer & il be filling my mutton cloth with backsteaks I pinged a nice tahr at 307 a couple of days ago poleaxed it !...but im looking forward to testing that out to 500 on paper first just waiting on some more projectiles .
    Sorry can't help it but.......can you post some long range picks from Kelly's

  4. #64
    GWH
    GWH is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    1,815
    1
    Last edited by GWH; 10-07-2017 at 01:16 AM.

  5. #65
    GWH
    GWH is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    1,815
    .

  6. #66
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,276
    You drinking last night Clint?
    GWH likes this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  7. #67
    GWH
    GWH is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    You drinking last night Clint?
    Yeah you'd think so, nah I posted a reply after only ready the first page, after reading the rest of the replies I decided he'd already been torn a new one, so I removed mine.
    veitnamcam, Gibo and HNTMAD like this.

  8. #68
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Sorry can't help it but.......can you post some long range picks from Kelly's
    Abrahams ? was this year , I do have some pic,s but that deer was so small you guys would be taking the piss for a week ! @Sideshow ...Kelly,s is next year

  9. #69
    Member Badbootboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Central Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    Yeah Hamish thanks for spelling it out for me I do get it now. I was thinking all this time I was the only one who was human on this forum as all you guys were doing one shot clean kills and I couldn't figure out how you were all doing it however now you have admitted you miss and you have wounded animals it all makes sense. I'm sorry for posting honest stories that's just what I thought everyone did here but as someone has quite rightly pointed out some animal activist could read it and take offence something I didn't think about. You do however realize Hamish that I will have to take back the bit about you being the best hunter on this forum in light of your latest confession. I have said numerous times before that I am keen to learn and some guys on here have helped me already to which I am grateful. Thanks again for clearing it up Hamish and I will be careful what I post in future.
    Ah shit does that mean no video now? bugger and I made pop corn especially, talk about 2 anti climax's in a week firstly no video and then the All Blacks game!
    Take no prisoners!

  10. #70
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Abrahams ? was this year , I do have some pic,s but that deer was so small you guys would be taking the piss for a week ! @Sideshow ...Kelly,s is next year
    Year I was referring to next years trip

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Stags a roaring!
    By deer243 in forum Hunting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 09:00 AM
  2. When will the stags harden up?
    By Ryan_Songhurst in forum Hunting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-12-2016, 11:13 PM
  3. No Stags
    By gimp in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-03-2016, 08:14 PM
  4. 4 stags
    By kawekakid in forum Hunting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-04-2014, 01:36 PM
  5. When it all comes together - Story of two first stags
    By PissCrook in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 09:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!