Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree371Likes

Thread: Anyone hunting with a 9.3x62

Yes between us 99 animals shot including the ducks.
    There are 5 deer standing in the snow filled gully just above the front right corner of the truck too far for us as we had all the eaters we needed.Name:  P1000633 (1320 x 742).jpg
Views: 2237
Size:  229.7 KB
    4 goats to the 9.3 and 1 to the .308. A family afternoon out.
    Name:  P1000568 (1320 x 742).jpg
Views: 2755
Size:  287.0 KB
    Last edited by john m; 19-05-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    Wildman, Tahr, Toby and 2 others like this.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

What a great trip!! thanks for sharing some photos of it as well - it is fantastic to to see its a whole family affair too. well done. (Can't wait to get a 9.3x62)

Sweet trip
    VIVA LA HOWA

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    A mate has a 9.3x62 and he loves the 250gr Barnes TS 2550fps works great on big red stags up close out to 350yds
    john m likes this.
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Any bullet out of a 9.3 is going to work on the biggest of red stags. I am about to load some 250gr Accubonds at a tad over 2500fps. Lets face it in todays energy conscious world, shooting animals with 285 gr bullets is such a waste of energy
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

I have a Husqvarna mod 1600 9.3x62, a real beauty.Bought it about 4 years ago ,used it on a few deer and hundreds of bunnys. Seems to go ok on the bunnys
    Only issue is im a leftie,and the cheek rest is set up for a rightie,and it knocks hell out of my cheek,I thought about altering the stock a bit and adding a cheek pad OR turning the stock into firewood and getting a new one made. Its currently a target stock,looks huge but is quite light,my 17hm heavy barreled savage weighs a ton more.I can happily tote it around all day.

Now my question is, does anyone have their 9.3 suppressed ? Mine seems to kill the deer by the noise alone.

Don't have any pics of it apart from these from when I bought it.

Name:  9.3X62 1.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  61.2 KBName:  9.3X62 2.jpg
Views: 4514
Size:  61.8 KBName:  9.3X62 3.jpg
Views: 2787
Size:  56.6 KBName:  9.3X62 4.jpg
Views: 2214
Size:  57.7 KBName:  9.3X62 5.jpg
Views: 2200
Size:  56.9 KBName:  9.3X62 6.jpg
Views: 2300
Size:  44.6 KB
    Last edited by oneipete; 15-10-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Bryan, Toby, john m and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneipete View Post
    I have a Husqvarna mod 1600 9.3x62, a real beauty.Bought it about 4 years ago ,used it on a few deer and hundreds of bunnys. Seems to go ok on the bunnys
    Only issue is im a leftie,and the cheek rest is set up for a rightie,and it knocks hell out of my cheek,I thought about altering the stock a bit and adding a cheek pad OR turning the stock into firewood and getting a new one made. Its currently a target stock,looks huge but is quite light,my 17hm heavy barreled savage weighs a ton more.I can happily tote it around all day.

Now my question is, does anyone have their 9.3 suppressed ? Mine seems to kill the deer by the noise alone.

Attachment 15167Attachment 15168Attachment 15169Attachment 15170Attachment 15171Attachment 15172
    Thats a beauty OIP, I like the ammo storage in the butt, seams a waste to turn that stock into firewood though.....some one out there must want to swap?
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Attachment 15167Attachment 15168Attachment 15169Attachment 15170Attachment 15171Attachment 15172
    Very nice, I am pretty sure Boyds do a stock for the Husky, they might even do a left hand/right bolt one, be worth a look!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Very nice, I am pretty sure Boyds do a stock for the Husky, they might even do a left hand/right bolt one, be worth a look!
    Yup,

Boyds: CLASSIC HUSQVARNA® MAUSER® LARGE RING #1 BARREL CHANNEL LEFT HAND STOCK RIGHT HAND ACTION NUTMEG LAMINATE (UNFINISHED) Left Hand Stocks
    VIVA LA HOWA

Wow, thanks. What is the difference between a small ring and large ring mauser ? unsure what I have. Don't like the nutmeg though. kinda looking at either Applejack or Sky royal blue for an extra $15. http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/79c4d7...or-Options.jpg I would really like to personalize this rifle. If someone has a Husqvarna mod 1600,they can have this stock if they like. I will be pulling the ammo storage in the butt out though to put in the new stock.

I have no clue but they have the measurements there so you could check yours
    VIVA LA HOWA

Wow, thanks. What is the difference between a small ring and large ring mauser ? unsure what I have. Don't like the nutmeg though. kinda looking at either Applejack or Sky royal blue for an extra $15. http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/79c4d7...or-Options.jpg I would really like to personalize this rifle. If someone has a Husqvarna mod 1600,they can have this stock if they like. I will be pulling the ammo storage in the butt out though to put in the new stock.
    Call yourself a Mauser owner and you dont know the difference between small and large ring!!!

Basically I think its the diameter of the receiver, Mauser 98's are large ring, M96's are small ring. Just to confuse things, your 1600 is a large ring action in all respects except the actual receiver diameter, where is it the size of a small ring... Got it? That's b/c the 1600 is a commercial action...

What this means is that your action will fit in a Mauser 98 stock but you gotta pack it out a bit round the ring

Just in the process of restoring a 12.17 x 44 R, next size up?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

The hole centers of the action screws are different between large and small too.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Picked up a very tidy Husqvarna 1640 today and two boxes Norma ammo, and a box hornady, been looking for a while at a sako, The husky sorta arrived on my door, pretty happy, price was sharp. Grand poorer, but very happy, my gift to me after 6 days OT.
    Surprised how light it is 6.11oz, 7lbs all up with 4 rounds.
    Going to give it a couple sighters tomorrow morn and take it out for a short hunt for whitetail or black bear.
    leaving it as irons for now.
    john m likes this.