Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Ballots. Rigged or not

Overseas hunters should be exploited and the same for fishermen, why let a trout fisherman bring in his own gear with the potential for pollution, should be able to hire or buy here, more money coming into the country, kayakers etc the same, why just give it away. Make it user pay, the same as we do, I don't think it would affect the guys wanted to come here.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

R93
    A lot of people claim to be bow hunters so they do not have to put a F/A Licence on as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    The system has to be addressed and some ideas so far are good ammo.
    I am just unsure how to address it. A petition is a good start I spose.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    A lot of people claim to be bow hunters so they do not have to put a F/A Licence on as well.

AFAIK in the woodhill ballot you have to have both names, FAL number. Even if you're bowhunting
    R93 likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    It's not as if they can't hunt outside the areas both geographically or time wise. It not excluding tourists from Tahr hunting or the specific blocks.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

We have to put a ballot in up here to drive to no-mans, I no I'm an unlucky bugger but for 12 years ever September I get my dear John letter......
    Not going to bother again, yet some people get in every year.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Local as in local to that area? Or local as in NZer? I think local to that area is bull shit, we can't all live and work at the Hermatige. Not all Aucklanders wish to live here but some of our jobs (and greed for dollar bills) dictates where we live.

I'm with you on the housing though.
    Local as in "NZ Resident hunter" in other words you live here in a house.

I cant go to the USA and hunt without paying for non resident fees or engaging a guide or hunting with a local so why should NZ be any different
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

sneakywaza I got
    Year after year, application after application, supposed random drawing, yet some NEVER get a crack, but others, with the right connections, or in some cases, the right "profile" get a crack year after year. Independent draw, overseen by SAR for instance, would allow for a review of competence of the hunting party members (and their gear) as to their ability to cope, took an Aussie up the Macauly river, mid winter a few years back, had talked the ears off me (was a relly, sigh...) about all the hard core hunting they did in Aus, fucks sake, my 13yr old son was more a more usefull switched on operator, fuck knows how these stupid Aussies cope somewhere big and tough, cold and wet, far and high....... oh that's right, they don't!

Those that require an unnecessary "rescue" should have to foot the bill, all tourists of any kind entering our country should have to take out insurance to cover rescues and medical costs- we pay out of out taxes to cover these people.
    veitnamcam, Blaser, R93 and 3 others like this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    We have to put a ballot in up here to drive to no-mans, I no I'm an unlucky bugger but for 12 years ever September I get my dear John letter......

Brads

I seem to get one for a couple of years then miss out for a couple.

Have missed out for two years now, hope to get one this year.

Cheers
    Pete

I don't know but I'm curious

Of course you could all be just unlucky buggers like me, my mum put in in a 25 year group with T&G building society when I was born.
    27 years later I tracked down and asked what happened. They checked and came back I was one of two left in the group, so I would get my payout in either one or two months . I got it in two. A cheque for....................... One thousand dollars!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

P38

Brads

I seem to get one for a couple of years then miss out for a couple.

Have missed out for two years now, hope to get one this year.

Missing out for 12 years in a row is either really really unlucky or you have pissed someone off who holds a very long grudge.

Cheers
    Pete
    BRADS and Maca49 like this.

Ejected
    Yeah, my travel insurance for overseas snowboarding covers my recovery from back country, so why not the same here, but that is then an entirely different argument.

Start bombarding the council and government in charge of doc with letters of discuss for a call of change. Those people up top are the ones most pc and wanting to please to stay in their position

Go on apply again this year, they'll read this thread and you'll be in!
    Pengy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Spoke to a bloke here in Hawkes Bay who has a sister or some other in DOC down your way. He was adamant if he wished he could secure a block, balloted or not. Bravado maybe, but transparency would be good.

Who?