Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Explaining Hunting to Vegetarians and Animal People

I don't and wouldn't associate with vego's and tree huggers so problem solved.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

I hate veges except spuds.
    Name:  9968_558412737587514_1484264211_n.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  92.7 KB
    Name:  535936_808376245874991_8278435869059805828_n.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  185.1 KB
    Name:  1383135_598585860200979_1275194415_n.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  1613860_404680583012187_291612475_n.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  22.9 KB
    gadgetman, Scouser, POME and 1 others like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Aly
    There are plenty of ways to customise your photos/albums and posts on facebook so that the select friends you have who would find your posts distasteful to them do not have to see hunting-specific content on their timelines, but you still get to share with others your ventures.

I'm friends with both vegetarians, vegans and people with specific beliefs and if something I know is going to be offended I just go to the privacy settings of the post, select "custom audience", copy and paste their names in and done.

It's perfectly fine for you and your friends to have differing interests, and you don't have to be apologetic, but it just takes less than a minute to give them their peace of mind as well. You don't have to unfriend them at all.
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    The meat hunters don't like the trophy hunters cos they only take the antlers.
    The trophy hunters don't like the meat hunters cos they shoot stags in velvet.
    The deer hunters think duck hunters are lazy boozy bastards who just like shooting things.
    The duck hunters think the deer hunters don't have the patience to wait for a duck and the skill to call it
    I have found the best answer to the above is to be all of the above!

As for dealing with veggies and greenies, I find the easiest way is to tell them that you don't push your morals apon them, they should do the same. I had a vegan fella end up coming on a few trips into Koranga forks area maybe half a dozen times, following JoshCs logic. He loved it, and realised killing wasn't the goal, and the act of taking a life wasn't relished. It was everything before and after that point in time that makes it addictive to most hunters.
    Timmay, gadgetman and Pengy like this.

If you are a vagatarian...
    Pretty sure that's most of this forum.
    Pointer, Toby and Scouser like this.

When someone now asked me why i hunt i simply reply

"If you have to ask that question you will never understand the answer in the 1st place"
    GWH and Scouser like this.

I have given trying to explain it to them and just hit the unfriend button and anyone I know who has liked anything to do with anti hunting has gone the same just don't have the time or desire to put up with there shit anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tommy likes this.

sneakywaza I got
    I am not shy about discussing it and don't feel the need to apoligise. Also I think explaning it by saying that it's a source of food is a bit of a cop out as not every animal thats shot is eaten. Killing for pest control, thropies and sport is also valid.

If someone ask me why I would kill species X I like to look at them with a puzzled look and say "well they are not going to kill themselves are they?".

The basic truth of the matter is that as a species we are slowly killing all the other life on the planet. If you are a vagatarian then you may not be directly responsable for causing a animal to die but you are directly responsable for encroaching on their habitat which is worse in the long run.

So when you animal rights friends ask you why you feel the need to kill things ask them what used to live on the 1/4 acre section that they live on. Most people would say grass and sheep and before that bush and birds. By occuping that space (and the rest) they are reducing the amount of land that mother nature can occupy on this planet. Then ask them what they have done to directly benifit the birds and animals that live in this country and then talk about the duck ponds you have created and the preaditor control that you do.

Whats worse, shooting a duck in a healthy\increasing population or destroying the habitat that ducks use in order to carve out a lifestyle block to live on? With the former the species still propsers, with the later the species declines.

A particularly wierd thing about NZ is that most greenies\animal rights\vegetarians have no empithy for introduced species. If they did there would be a lot more protests against private cat ownership and 1080.
    That would have to be one of the best posts I've read!

Cut your cock off it will be less painful
    rogers.270 and kiwijames like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    That's not actually true. He paid for a guided lion hunt on a not fenced in private land. The guides decided the best way to get a lion in front of this bloke was to kill an antelope, drive it into the national park where the lions were and drag it back to the private land so that the lion followed it out. While not ideal and not what he paid for but it's not a canned hunt by my definition and it's also not a lot different to a farmer putting salt licks out on the bush edge to attract deer or me feeding my duck pond to attract ducks.

The deer hunters think duck hunters are lazy boozy bastards who just like shooting things.
    The duck hunters think the deer hunters don't have the patience to wait for a duck and the skill to call it in.
    Nobody likes the waro guys.

And the idiots on facebook don't understand how there can be any difference between any of the above groups. Can't we all just get along?
    Can I get the 1 bazillion like button
    rogers.270, BRADS and Tommy like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Duck hunters are better than deer hunters!
    Pointer likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

I think bird hunters appreciate the respective resource more than deer hunters and do more to preserve it. There's my ol' can of worms for the evening!
    Daggers_187 likes this.

The duck hunters think the deer hunters don't have the patience to wait for a duck and the skill to call it in.
    Nobody likes the waro guys.

And the idiots on facebook don't understand how there can be any difference between any of the above groups. Can't we all just get along?
    Like it. And as for people getting along. They never have and never will. With exceptions of cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Duck hunters are better than deer hunters!
    Duck waiters you mean?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Duck hunters are stupiderer than deer hunters!
    Fixed
    ebf and BRADS like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds