Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Trent92
  • 2 Post By HNTMAD
  • 1 Post By kidmac42
  • 4 Post By Biggun708

Thread: Freezer animal

Freezer animal

Hi guys

Just wanting to see what's out there, if anyone is kind enough to let a young fella come out and bag a freezer animal not after any trophys, just some meat for the whanu. Happy to either pay for a hunt or offer some of the meat caught.
    Open to anything.

Cheers Trent 🤙🏽

Ok, may pay to let us know where you hang out @Trent92. That way we can direct you to near by people

Are you the young fella or is it for your lad?? Do you hunt? what is your experience?? just may help. there are some gd guys on here but sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Hi Hamish

Yes I'm the young fella wanting to fill the freezer. 25 years old have done a few years of hunting with my uncles and I've finally got out there myself now and got a few fellow and a red. I live in Tauranga but happy to travel a decent distance and make a trip of it. The old truck can make for a ok night sleep ����. Happy to help out on guys places also. I hear alot of guys go poaching but I'm not into that so I'd rather travel and pay good honest guys for some meat.
    Cheers for the heads up it's much appreciated
    @HNTMAD
    Danny likes this.

All gd, plenty of public land around should nothing come up

Im in welly so cant help sorry

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

No worries thanks mate.

Theres A few guys advertising on TM could be worth a look TradeMe.co.nz - MEAT HUNT for sale, New Zealand

Cheers bro I just had a quick look. I have done enough that don't really need a guide, I'm more so after someone who has a bunch of land and wild deer come on to the property and would be ok with me taking it home for Kai. However I do understand with osh rules now a lot of guys can be a bit hesertant to allow it, Fear enough to.

Cheers Trent

To me it sounds like you just need to go have a look on public land, specially if you don't need a guide. I mean we are all after and easy one on the back of the farm for kai to fill the freezer with a meat animal. Most places you pay for animals will guide you so you only shoot what they want you to shoot.

Much easier to hit the public land mate

Hamish

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Gibo and Biggun708 like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Yeah true, i haven't got a beef with public land. I'd just prefur access from someone even to get into the areas that aren't hunted as much.
    Doc land gets rapped up here. Besides I have an older guy I see every few months who gives me access as very rearly the odd deer comes on to his land and he wants them gone. So he's helping me and im helping him. I think he tells porkies tho I've only ever seen one and it was a yearling so i left em to fatten up...

Mate, the public land gets raped the country over.
    You say you have private land, maybe persevere it a bit more. Deer turn up in the oddest of places sometimes.
    Gibo likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

I'm sure I've seen this type of thread before! A bit of advice young fella... Keep your head up, eyes open and start walking... Slowly... And don't expect to be given anything....
    mikee, Gibo, bigbear and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent92 View Post
    Cheers bro I just had a quick look. I have done enough that don't really need a guide, I'm more so after someone who has a bunch of land and wild deer come on to the property and would be ok with me taking it home for Kai. However I do understand with osh rules now a lot of guys can be a bit hesertant to allow it, Fear enough to.

Cheers Trent
    I see some of them are expensive to ! I thought you could just pay a hundy or so & away you go but reading that they all have a guide fee , sometimes a bloke on here advertises a block in Wanganui comes with a hut it looks pretty cool iv just tried looking for the posts on here but have given up !.