Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Guiding and Outfitting in New Zealand

I personally think it's getting ridiculously unjustifiable, same as buff in Australia.

It's been pushed and hyped up to the point where it got an artificially inflated price that only the wealthy can afford to do and while they're willing to pay any price asked it'll only get higher.

If I were to hunt moose with a guide (looking at diy options) and I really want to I'd be leaning to newfoundland or somewhere like that. Trophies are half as big but the price is where it should be. $5-7k most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PS Old post I know but it has been brought up again.

Re Meat in NZ. Given the terrain and the lack of transport options it's often not possible to carry out all the meat.
    You can't get in to many places with quads or horses so unless you are going to call in a helicopter no way will you be carrying out a full Red or Wapiti head, skin and meat.
    It's reasonably acceptable to just take the back legs (Boned out), back straps and tenderloins.
    Zq