Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Have you ever made a mistake like this

Was hunting the tops a few years back got to the ridge , had a sneak look over to check for a handy deer, nothing !. So put my day bag and rifle down and climbed over the ridge so not to Stick out like dogs balls on the skyline. Was glassing the bush edges and slips for ages nothing ! Then glassed a bit higher ,maybe to find a chammy. as I paned around there was a big blur in my vision the shape of a deers head , binos down sure enough 25 mts away was a deer looking right at me . I thought I may be able to out run her , she had open tops and miles to the bush I had 10 mts up steep scree over the top load and shoot . I didn't have a chance , never seen her again . I don't know what she was doing , turns out she had followed me up on to the tops same way I had . I could see her marks next to mine on a shingle scree quite a ways down the hill . Funny how things like this can make no sence.

Theres been a few , No bullets after stalking in on 3 stags .
    No tent after being dropped off by chopper for a couple of days .
    No knife after shooting deer.
    Left bolt at home after 2hr drive .
    Left Rifle on the side of road , only remembered after 3 days.
    just a few , but still love huntin .

Grey ghost I've done the no knife one as well , that sucks was two pigs had to drag them back . My arms were a foot longer I swear. Went on a big higcountry hunt with no boots , I shot a big bodied stag my mate had most of the carry as I had no traction on the hill he wasn't impressed.
    Me and a mate had a bulls up with the food once ,two day hunt with packs on and no food. He thought he told me I was to bring it and I thought he said he had it covered . Man that was tuff .

R93
    Had one I will never forget when I was around 17. I stupidly accepted a dare from a couple of companions to treck back to a hut we were staying in, with nothing on but my boots rifle and beany.
    We were enjoying a hot pool during a snow storm. It was a 10 minute skip thru the bush back to the hut.
    Thinking anyone would be crazy to make the 6 hr jaunt to the hut from the rd end in the storm, I stripped off and started up the track.
    I made good time to the edge of the clearing the hut was in. After a quick visual scan I was sure I spyed some colour coming from track in the opposite direction and across the clearing that contained the hut. I thought we were going to have company so I started to run toward the hut.
    It was a 100yd dash to the hut which I no doubt made in record time, but I failed to see the 2 new brightly coloured tents beside it.
    I heard 2 mates that were left in the hut as I approached, roaring with laughter as they must have seen the nude retard flying across the clearing towards the hut. I proudly burst through the hut door exposing nothing but flesh.
    Too my horror or maybe more so theirs were 2 of the hottest female trampers I have seen to this day trying to enjoy at hot brew. Our eyes met and they just about fell off their seats laughing. Ego deflated, I slammed the door as quick as I opened it and took off back outside.
    My other 2 mates that were at the hot pools with me, picked themselves up out of the snow after they had their crack up, tore past me with my clothes they carried back to the hut.
    The pricks left me outside without my gear, they were not going to bring any clothing out for me, so in the end I had to swallow my pride and enter the hut again to get some clothing.
    Neither of the 2 girls looked me in the eye all night and when any conversation drifted my way it was drowned out by bursts of uncontrollable laughter. Bloody embarrassing for a young fella.
    The story somewhat embellished has followed me around for years.
    Last edited by R93; 27-06-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    muzr257, veitnamcam, James and 3 others like this.

in those temps I bet the story is all that got embelished
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    in those temps I bet the story is all that got embelished

Na, I was alright in that department Sneeze. The bruises on my torso and thighs showed up a day or 2 later and were a tad painfull

Unintendedly naked in front 2 hot chicks after running through the snow and things where in proportion? you are a rare man Dave

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Unintendedly naked in front 2 hot chicks after running through the snow and things where in proportion? you are a rare man Dave
    Or full of shit!!!

One time in a aussie pub in france (sad but true) I had a hot girl keen as beans, took off for a piss then came back to see my mate I was travelling with walking up the stairs with her, now thats a mistake. I'll shoot a hundred x 10 more deer before I'm maggot food, but I's swap most of them for one more shot at her! A deer is a deer, plenty more out there bro, don't worry about one fuck up

I loose a inch or two when mine drags in the snow

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    I loose a inch or two when mine drags in the snow
    Do ya have short legs and long arms or just really short legs?

No just really deep snow

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    No just really deep snow

-Good stories Fellas, just got my dose of humour for the day!