Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: How not to kill a cow

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    i was quite happy to leave the matter there
    You said that in this post already, but you just keep on going me old mate. I'm just putting you on the ignore list, as a few people have told me they already do with you. Ta ta

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I would want to be the dog handler , ... never seems to do the mountain of paperwork that the beat cop does , runs down the offender , hands over to PC job done , play with dog ... now that's the life .... you also forgot that we clean and service our cars at work too , and I stripped all the craftsman doors from my house at work one Christmas ... was a hell of a job , lead paint everywhere,
    Everyone wants to be a handler, probably the most competitive job in the Police. I'm putting serious thought into it but I don't have the time currently with young kids.

Geez the crap we'd get in for that kind of thing at work! Probably lose our jobs, seriously. To be honest there is no way we would have time for that anyway.

Dam it you are right about everyone liking the Fire Service. We get way cooler jobs to attend though.

we don't give out tickets or charge so what's not to love haha

then there are those in both camps
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

we get pictures of us carrying babies out of burning houses ........we cut injured people from car wrecks .... so you can arrest them ..... all the girls want the firemans calender .....
    BRADS likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

How not to kill a cow

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    If I was the cop I would have spear tackled that cow gutted it with my bare hands turned it into grand angus burgers on the street and shared them with everyone. But we cant all be as cool as me
    You'd only have gutted it with your bare hands cause you forgot your fucking knife

Bugger. @BRADS beat me to the punchline
    Toby and Gibo like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Don't mess with a cow without bullbars.Bitch nearly got me.
    Name:  picture 6524.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  164.1 KB
    Toby, stumpy, tirantious and 2 others like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

even with bullbars they do a fair bit of damage.first day of owning the ute luckily i sorted insurance before leaving home and they happily covered it ahhaha. Name:  11092558_1058752097474339_293467090_n.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  69.2 KBName:  11136810_1058751940807688_2114811083_n.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  89.4 KB
    dairy farming, hiluxs and now an ak.

Was going to post up a comment.........................but I think I will wait till the thread starts mentioning 1080..........
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    white officer leaps from moooving car shoots unarmed black cow multiple times

well how much danger was the cow really ? in a 50k zone with plenty of cop cars to at the least aleart others something was up so guess you could rule out crashes so long as no1 was directly infront of it would more than likely not go out of its way to maul anyone ....it wasn't that long ago they used to run herds of them cattle down the main street !! the way it looks from the clip the real danger came from flying bullets not tits n hooves

I purposely "like" buttoned your post, only to get the satisfaction of clicking the "unlike" button.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Tussock.............that's just plain old disrespectful......

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    I purposely "like" buttoned your post, only to get the satisfaction of clicking the "unlike" button.
    As I said in another post we do a couple of beefys each year its often a different guy that comes out and shoots them/quarters them the last to fellas have both commented on what a good place we have to shoot them as we have a high bank that runs along the back of the property & went on to say how they had been abused by other clients in the past for not shooting there cattle in a bad firing zone for fear of a stray bullet ending up somewhere it shouldn't & like the guy said its him who would get done if anything went wrong so when I saw the cop blazing away in town couldn't help but question it ...so you can like -unlike that as many times as you want why would I give a fuck !

OK wasn't going to say anything BUT I work in the Public service also and yes it's mostly thankless etc and sometimes I get criticized for doing my job in a way that people don't like. BUT that is how it is, lets all just get over it... The moment the Police are beyond criticism is a very dangerous day for Democracy. I am not criticizing his shooting skill (hell I'm no Carlos Hathcock) but from a purely safety point of view it would be interesting too see the Police risk analysis of the "Loose Cow" Vs 10 rounds of .223 in a built up area. Yes we don't know his shooting backdrop etc Just interested that's all.

I have put down/home killed 6 odd cows, bloody solid things. I have used 7.62x39, .303, 308 and 12ga. Nothing ever came out the other side of the head even 7.62 steel core!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    DOC must love it when something like this crops up on the internet.

I can imagine their smoko conversation as they browse the forum to see what sort of shit we are talking. "Good" they will say. "Lets slip on a few extra tons while the anti-1080 loonies are all distracted".
    Mostly we argue about the answers to the daily trivia quiz
    Wildman, R93 and stumpy like this.