Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Hunters Club - Bigger & Better

I reckon an Australian episode with a couple of axis deer if you haven't done one already would be good.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Great episode! Thanks for the adventure.

I do feel for you Dave, there were a couple shots from the other guys' Go-Pro's back to you and your pack and gear you carry seems to be a lot larger than theirs? Would like to see a picture of what you kart in and about for these shoots?

PS. Did Jamie eat the Sambar Nuts?

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    I do feel for you Dave, there were a couple shots from the other guys' Go-Pro's back to you and your pack and gear you carry seems to be a lot larger than theirs? Would like to see a picture of what you kart in and about for these shoots?

PS. Did Jamie eat the Sambar Nuts?
    Yep, I do tend to have the heaviest pack on the trips we do, just the nature of filming and needing to carry a lot of different lenses, batteries, timelapse gear etc.

And yes, Jamie ate an entire Sambar nut, but Andre's such an offal fan that he actually joined him in polishing off the second of his own free will. Both raved about them afterwards.

I stuck to the backstraps and Back Country Cuisine.

HB.
    Awesome episode. Looked like a tough 5 days hunting! The lack of killshots shows just how hard it must of been, although this didn't take away from the episode at all. Jamie seems like a very knowledgeable guy, be a great guy to have on the team in the future maybe?

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by HB. View Post
    Awesome episode. Looked like a tough 5 days hunting! The lack of killshots shows just how hard it must of been, although this didn't take away from the episode at all. Jamie seems like a very knowledgeable guy, be a great guy to have on the team in the future maybe?
    Yep, without a doubt. Jamie also flatted with Anto and Dan back in the day whilst studying at Canterbury, so it's quite likely we'll follow him on a few more missions over coming seasons. Fingers crossed we manage to pull a 2018 Wap Block...

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Great show, just 2 questions.
    1: One part shows Jamie drinking water from a creek/ waterfall, is there no risk of Giardia over there?
    2 Snakes. I was watching you guys pushing thru that thick slash, which I would of thought would of been home to every poisonous reptile known to man. Were you wearing leather garters, or are snakes not such a big issue?
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Great show, just 2 questions.
    1: One part shows Jamie drinking water from a creek/ waterfall, is there no risk of Giardia over there?
    2 Snakes. I was watching you guys pushing thru that thick slash, which I would of thought would of been home to every poisonous reptile known to man. Were you wearing leather garters, or are snakes not such a big issue?
    Giardia - never even got mentioned so I guess it's not an issue, the water was relatively fast flowing snow melt from rough weather in the run up to the trip.

Snakes - We were wearing our standard issue Stoney Creek long gaitors, the snakes in late August (at the time the trip was filmed) are dormant and inactive. Once the temperature rises, they become far more of an issue. Jamie and Dre don't tend to hunt the area from November onwards, as they've both got some great snake horror stories to tell. I was still keeping a keen eye out for them though, they give me the shits.
    Scouser likes this.

Best episode thus far. Just had a great mix of action, animals and some very knowledgable tips and tricks.

I'm all ears when other hunters talk and pick up on the how and why's they do particular things. Years of combined experience on that hunt and was great to learn some info
    Jamie's still the mountian man
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Well done on a great episode ��
    The tramp looked awful!

Great episode, good to see the mountain man putting any appearance in.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

well done guys -loved the incident when bloke was cookin the feed at camp only to lookup and see that sambar stag apparently inviting himself into camp too,the commentary was priceless.hells bells those deer are built like bloody draughthorses!!great to see trophies taken both by bow and rifle.
    Sambar do occur in the northisland i believe??.anyway youve made me a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    well done guys -loved the incident when bloke was cookin the feed at camp only to lookup and see that sambar stag apparently inviting himself into camp too,the commentary was priceless.hells bells those deer are built like bloody draughthorses!!great to see trophies taken both by bow and rifle.
    Sambar do occur in the northisland i believe??.anyway youve made me a fan!
    Yup. In the Manawatu and i think the east coast too.

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Yup. In the Manawatu and i think the east coast too.
    Yep, we've hunted them in the BOP before, although we didn't broadcast the episode, it ended up as a bonus clip on the Series 1 DVD we released. The spot we were in was one we wanted to keep relatively quiet, given that a group of passionate hunters had spent a fair amount of time and effort to cut tracks in and were doing a great job of taking only the prime animals. As it panned out, another group ended up filming there without disguising the location sufficiently, and by all accounts the sambar numbers have been decimated which is a shame.

Cheers for all the positive feedback though, glad to see the ep was well received.
    Scouser, kotuku and Russian 22. like this.

Loved every episode up to now, keep em coming guys.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt