Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Hunters Club - Bigger & Better

Another good episode Dave. I thought it was going to be one of those tough hunt videos, with no happy ending. Hope the shoulder recovered well? 20mins of the lads trying to pop it back in doesn't sound pleasant.
    freelancer likes this.

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    Another good episode Dave. I thought it was going to be one of those tough hunt videos, with no happy ending. Hope the shoulder recovered well? 20mins of the lads trying to pop it back in doesn't sound pleasant.
    I'm just gutted we didn't get any footage of the process, would have made for amazing viewing. The shock on everyone's face when it finally slotted back into the socket with a loud 'snap' was priceless. I tell you what though, the hour or two spent getting down through the bush to the valley floor with one arm carting my pack sure sucked.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Missed away training Voluees, never mind I see there's a repeat on Wednesday at 1700hrs.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

MSL
    What channel is the repeat on today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hunters Club View Post
    Yep, we've hunted them in the BOP before, although we didn't broadcast the episode, it ended up as a bonus clip on the Series 1 DVD we released. The spot we were in was one we wanted to keep relatively quiet, given that a group of passionate hunters had spent a fair amount of time and effort to cut tracks in and were doing a great job of taking only the prime animals. As it panned out, another group ended up filming there without disguising the location sufficiently, and by all accounts the sambar numbers have been decimated which is a shame.

Cheers for all the positive feedback though, glad to see the ep was well received.
    if its any consolation one hopes theyll be like the rest of our trophies&wildlife the hirsuite sandal wearers have tried to eliminate -theyl lbe back bigger better and definitely more fucking paranoid!!keep up the great job-BTW heres a suggestion get a bloody deer to cook you guys a feed!!
    Ima curious bugger by nature so heres my question -would it be possible to raise sambar rusa sika down here in the south island-we do breed a few good rugby players after all(sorry you wellington /waikato blokes couldn t resist)???Me id love to see NZ import some more moose-now imagine one of them bulls comin strollin into your camp and making himself comfy!!!theres miles of bloody pakihi and forest in sth westland/ fiordland where they could hoochy upand do a spot of annual lengthwise lambada to their hearts content-its of no use to any other bastard!you bloody southlanders couldnt even grow a crop of swedes on some of them fiorland meadows even if you were at ya dogmatic scottish best.-me ive got a luvly big fat swede for tea tonight -food of kings it is!!
    seriously we"re all crazy on here but 99.9% of you are the best sort of mates any bugger could wish for ,me included.
    hotsoup likes this.

Cameraman Dave
    Something a little different for tonight's show, we're on a Fiordland liveaboard charter into Dusky Sound. Without a doubt, the most fun I've had filming a Hunters Club episode, with fun and games above and below the water in some absolutely stunning scenery

https://www.facebook.com/huntersclub...5602547663618/

Hope you guys enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed filming it
    veitnamcam, superdiver and hotsoup like this.

Good stuff Dave! Excited as. Looking good

SGR
    Looking forward to this one looks bloody epic !

Another cracker of an episode Dave. Mid Feb and looked like the boys were still wrapped up on those overcast days. What was the water temp like?
    Quality footage, very envious. Great bunch of guys and a great experience by the look of it. Only over the past few episodes have i noticed you're not just Cameraman Dave but you're head honcho (director and producer) as well. So thanks for the great series' you've brought us and hopefully many more.
    rogers.270 likes this.

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    Another cracker of an episode Dave. Mid Feb and looked like the boys were still wrapped up on those overcast days. What was the water temp like?
    Quality footage, very envious. Great bunch of guys and a great experience by the look of it. Only over the past few episodes have i noticed you're not just Cameraman Dave but you're head honcho (director and producer) as well. So thanks for the great series' you've brought us and hopefully many more.
    Cheers for the kind words. Water temp was fairly comfortable, never once felt cold with 5mm top and bottoms. Sounds like the episode struck a chord with a fair few folk as the boat's now booked solid for quite some time.

Tonight's episode is a bit different, should go down well with a lot of folk on this forum I'm hoping.
    Kiwi Greg and rogers.270 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hunters Club View Post
    Cheers for the kind words. Water temp was fairly comfortable, never once felt cold with 5mm top and bottoms. Sounds like the episode struck a chord with a fair few folk as the boat's now booked solid for quite some time.

Tonight's episode is a bit different, should go down well with a lot of folk on this forum I'm hoping.
    Had a peek on the wifes facebook, I did a simalar charter recently myself. A truly inspiring part of our country.

I hope you post up a reminder for us all when these go free to air.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

MSL
    The aerial footage of the shot on the buck was awesome

Any info on the trailer you were towing on the goose shooting part? Great episode.

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicjoe View Post
    Any info on the trailer you were towing on the goose shooting part? Great episode.
    Cheers, was made by the team at Black Pearl Fibreglass in Hamilton, under the brand name Work N Play trailers. Great bit of kit, has solar panel on the roof and enough space to sleep a few decent sized lads
    Sonicjoe likes this.

Enjoyed that cheers
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive