Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By A330driver
  • 5 Post By wyohunter
  • 3 Post By wyohunter
  • 1 Post By wyohunter
  • 2 Post By wyohunter
  • 1 Post By Boaraxa

Thread: Hunting America october

Hunting America october

Should have a week free in October and would like to have a hunt.

Would like a whitetail, mule or black bear.

Have been looking closely at Idaho as you can do a diy hunt pretty cheap but the more I look into it the more trouble it seems as you need to find someone to take all meat, arrange a rifle etc etc.

I'm thinking a guided hunt may be my best bet but still want a proper hunt.

Anyone have any experience and have been there done that? Fairly open to areas, an internal flight to another state is t a big deal.

Cheers

Bus driver
    Mate I can help you out if you are in Oregon.Can get you any rifle you want and gear.We have tags for deer in eastern Oregon in October.Find out what requirements you need for an out of state shooter and let me know.Eastern Oregon,around ukiah,is where we hunt,we have second season elk,spike only.....let me know.....
    Munsey and PerazziSC3 like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

If you are interested in hunting in Wyoming I would be able to help you out on that. I have access to thousands of private land that are loaded up with nice mule deer and antelope (pronghorn). The only problem with this year is that the draw for tags is already over. That ended May 31st.
    Our mule deer season and antelope season runs October 1st-14th. There is plenty of people out here that would gladly take your deer meat off of your hands no problem. As far as rifles go, I can get you about anything you want. I am not an outfitter. Just a guy that likes to hunt. Just buy a plane ticket and your deer tags and we will get a deer on the ground. If this year doesn't work out for you, let me know about next year and we will get you set up.
    199p, Munsey, PerazziSC3 and 2 others like this.

[QUOTE=wyohunter;606945]If you are interested in hunting in Wyoming I would be able to help you out on that. I have access to thousands of private land that are loaded up with nice mule deer and antelope (pronghorn). The only problem with this year is that the draw for tags is already over. That ended May 31st.
    Our mule deer season and antelope season runs October 1st

Hi have you got a few pic,s you could post , be interesting to see what the country is like over there , game etc ! Avatar looks like an elk ?

Name:  deer.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  9.7 KBName:  IMG_3697.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  77.2 KBName:  IMG_3706.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  83.1 KBName:  IMG_3711.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  29.3 KBName:  Elk.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  4.8 KB
    outdoorlad, HUNTY and Boaraxa like this.

Name:  IMG_3651.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  60.4 KBName:  IMG_3699.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  69.2 KB
    Boaraxa likes this.

Hey Boaraxa, that is an elk in the Avatar. Drawing an elk tag for a non-resident in Wyoming can be pretty challenging. You first have to spend years buying preference points. Usually about 8-10 preference points will get you an elk tag. However, getting a mule deer tag or antelope is much easier. Where I hunt is 100% draw on mule deer. And usually it only takes 1 or 2 points to draw an antelope tag for non-residents.
    The land that I hunt is in eastern Wyoming, so there aren't any mountains. Mainly, just creek beds and a few trees. It's all prairie hunting for the most part. Even though we aren't in the mountains, we are still about 6000ft above sea level.
    trooper90 and berg243 like this.

Bus driver
    Mate .... send me your phone #.... looks good .... we have the guns,tags,ammo.... my place is free....
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

@wyohunter man those pics are great !! Thanks for posting that mule deer looks awesome,
    wyohunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Mate .... send me your phone #.... looks good .... we have the guns,tags,ammo.... my place is free....
    done mate