Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lakeland Aviation

Lakeland Aviation

Hi guys
    Does anyone here use Lakeland Aviation? Your thoughts?
    And would people use an operator who only has access to public land ( no private blocks).

Cheers all

WW

nah air charter taupo only here

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Nothing wrong with Lakeland. The only reason they don't have any private blocks is because Helisika did a dirty underhand deal with maori land owners and pinched the lease off Lakeland and Air Charter Taupo. I would only fly with Helsika as a last resort. Spence from lakeland will sort you with a good public spot.
    I thought the lease run out...nothing dirty or underhand about that.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Don't want a fight starting over this chaps. :-)
    Just interested to know if you guys would use an operator who for now only has public land

Re: Lakeland Aviation

Id use whoever was cheapest

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingWings View Post
    Don't want a fight starting over this chaps. :-)
    Just interested to know if you guys would use an operator who for now only has public land
    I don't really understand your problem...the deer are not fenced in and roam everywhere...at least with an operator only landing in public land you don't have any bullshit of trying to talk you into a shit block...pilot is only a taxi driver...he will tell you everything you want to hear...whether it be true or not is another story.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Lots fly to public land too, some good spots too
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I don't really understand your problem...the deer are not fenced in and roam everywhere...at least with an operator only landing in public land you don't have any bullshit of trying to talk you into a shit block...pilot is only a taxi driver...he will tell you everything you want to hear...whether it be true or not is another story.
    Certainly have no problem mate. I'm just doing some homework on a few things. I have hunted the area a bit. My questions don't relate to my own personal hunting. Just towards something which I wish to remain private...for now. Cheers though :-)

The lads at Lakeland are good blokes and I've had nothing but good service from them, successful hunts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Millse View Post
    The lads at Lakeland are good blokes and I've had nothing but good service from them, successful hunts as well.
    Good guys & have the spots ,flew in with the a few years back .Didn't think much of the place initially but 7 deer in the first 3 days wasn't too bad for public land.
    Gun control means using both hands

R93
    Only has public land? Ha Ha No private blocks that I know of down in south island. All access is via a doc concession, the way it should be.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Only has public land? Ha Ha No private blocks that I know of down in south island. All access is via a doc concession, the way it should be.
    Absolutely right
    Gun control means using both hands

R93
    I have a gut feeling why you are asking whistling wings. If its any help, I reckon hunting parties should only be relied on as 15-20% of turn over. Depending on structure and plan.
    TBF they are more trouble than they are worth business wise. They wreck your gear. They seem to think they can load a machine better. Seem to know more than the pilot about weight and weather. Tie up your phone for unlimited work hrs and whinge their asses off and blame their hunting incompetence on the operator. Done it for yrs, do not want to again apart from some select clients. Sad, but true for the majority.

I could be way off as to why your curious but there should also be some good will going with it, if ya know what I mean
    Last edited by R93; 21-10-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Spence from Lakeland Aviation is a great operator, he knows how to fly and one of the most honest people I know - he's the only guy I'd trust with flying my family (& rifle around.

Quote Originally Posted by LegaSea View Post
    Spence from Lakeland Aviation is a great operator, he knows how to fly and one of the most honest people I know - he's the only guy I'd trust with flying my family (& rifle around.
    Spence is a good operator , and a top bloke.