Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Marlin .32 special 22" barrel lever

Hi guys
    Can anyone tell me about the useful range of this rifle and effectiveness on reds I bought it around 30 year's ago never shot a round through it,as I always used my trusty 303 carbine,thinking of a resurrection
    Thanks
    Tony

They are crap. I suggest you get rid of it. How much you want for it?

The 32 winchester was in the words of Frank Barnes "a serious contender for the most useless cartridge ever". It was originally designed back in 1895 as a smokeless cartridge that could be reloaded with black powder. Its slow twist of 1:16 didnt fowl as bad as the 3030. It was as powerful as the 3030 Energy is quoted as 1920 ftlb with a 170 gr.
    With a 200 yd MRT of 5 inches
    Effective range would probably be the same, around 150 yards or less if its got buckhorn sights because they are not the best
    Ammo is available but may be hard to find. It should be fun to use, lever guns carry better than just about everything

50 yards would be about it for my way of thinking....... run some energy figures then see how you can get it to group..... closer to the m1 carbine round than the .30/30 I would have thought????????
    ooops I was thinking .32/20 maybe this is something different????

The .32 Special is a .30-30 case necked up to .32 caliber. It will do everything that the .30-30 will do without issue.
    I believe in 2007/08 Hornady brought out the Lever Evolution ammo out for the .32 Special, and with the flexi-tip ammo you will get better ballistics if needed.
    Outdoor supplies list un-primed cases for it Winchester Cartridge Cases - Hunting and Outdoor Supplies

Can you put 357 mag ammo through it ?