Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nelson hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Check pesticide summary before hunting anywhere between Nelson and North Canterbury, we came back from Motueka the other evening and I kept stopping to let my dog stretch his legs and grab a drink but everywhere we stopped had 1080 signs all the way back down and through the Lewis so the poor bugger had to wait until we got home
    Let it be known that 1080 isnt too bad around locally at the moment. Past murchison etc its had a share but all the places i hunt havent had 1080 this year. Its a sad fact that people are removing signs and putting them up in non 1080 areas. Doc informed me that they have removed at least 4 signs i know of in areas that werent 1080 but had a 1080 sign. They believe its dope growers trying to keep people out.
    Prob but could even be hunters putting up signs and keeping people out.
    Check with DOC if you unsure. Seen a few deer around but havnt shot any recently.
    kiwijames likes this.

Speaking with a tramper at the Hackett Hut on the weekend, he says he saw three deer the day earlier, above Browning Hut. I found good sign around the Hackett but only got the scope onto goats in the area.
    I really need to get out more and find better spots too
    mikee and deer243 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Speaking with a tramper at the Hackett Hut on the weekend, he says he saw three deer the day earlier, above Browning Hut. I found good sign around the Hackett but only got the scope onto goats in the area.
    I really need to get out more and find better spots too
    Fuck you want a 360degree flashing orange light and constant reverse beeper to be hunting up there at this time of year!!! it is bad enough in winter!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Fuck you want a 360degree flashing orange light and constant reverse beeper to be hunting up there at this time of year!!! it is bad enough in winter!
    Yeah, its a busy place. When i used to hunt it every weekend i be the first there. Never ever saw anyone in the bush etc but used to run into a couple of hunters or trampers on the track on the way out. Get to the car park and there be around 10-15 cars there, many of them hunters and you wonder where the fu k they all are . Good frosts up there in the winter
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Can't disagree, Headed in at 4am Sat, so certain no one else was in there, had Hackett hut to myself Sat night. Passed 2 hunters on the walk out at lunch time Sunday. With the shit weather Saturday I didn't see a soul other than a Norwegian fella towing a metric shit load of food on his back doing 7 days, Pelorus to St Arnaud. mad bugger
    veitnamcam and deer243 like this.