Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NZ Hunter Adventures Season 3 starts this Wednesday!

Thanks guys for all your kind comments. It was an epic trip that won't be forgotten, and really makes you appreciate a true hunter of old like Allan Harrison. There was something almost spiritual in following his footsteps.

Unfortunately the area got a dose of 1080 in the Battle for the Birds after our trip, so the very low deer population will be even lower now.

Don't forget, Episode 2 is tonight, 8.30pm!

We're back in the N.I. in the Kaimanawa Remote Experience zone, for a bit of Sika hunting and wilderness fishing - and some great thrills and spills packrafting the Rangitikei River!
    Shootm, NRT, tikka and 5 others like this.

Huk
    just watched your ep 1 on demand what an awesome adventure I take my hat off to you all magnificent oh to be that fit ,what cal were you using ? keep em coming

Damn not having an ipad/ Samsung going p have to get one just to use on demand to watch this!!

Well done on last nights episode. I bet there is an increase in sales of the pack rafts post last nights viewing.

About 38 years ago my dad ordered what was then, one of the very first Avon river rafts in the country, via the Avon agents in NZ. Had to be ordered from the factory in England, took about 5 months to get here, and cost as much as a new HQ Holden. Since there were no previous sales in NZ, he had to pay up front.
    Before it arrived in the country, there was a program on TV about people rafting the Grand Canyon in the USA. My dad got a call from the NZ Avon agents a couple of weeks later to see if he still wanted his raft? Apparently the TV program had triggered a massive interest in rafting in NZ, and the agents had 5-6 people standing in line wanting to buy our raft!
    We used to fly into the Oamaru Hunt via fixed wing every year and raft down to the Taupo Napier bridge over a 10 day period, hunting and fishing on the way down. Great way to travel.
    JoshC, Gibo, Shearer and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Well done on last nights episode. I bet there is an increase in sales of the pack rafts post last nights viewing.

About 38 years ago my dad ordered what was then, one of the very first Avon river rafts in the country, via the Avon agents in NZ. Had to be ordered from the factory in England, took about 5 months to get here, and cost as much as a new HQ Holden. Since there were no previous sales in NZ, he had to pay up front.
    Before it arrived in the country, there was a program on TV about people rafting the Grand Canyon in the USA. My dad got a call from the NZ Avon agents a couple of weeks later to see if he still wanted his raft? Apparently the TV program had triggered a massive interest in rafting in NZ, and the agents had 5-6 people standing in line wanting to buy our raft!
    We used to fly into the Oamaru Hunt via fixed wing every year and raft down to the Taupo Napier bridge over a 10 day period, hunting and fishing on the way down. Great way to travel.
    I definitely googled them. Saw the prices, and decided to be happy with my canoe.

Great adventures
    Always amazes me how much kit they carry yet packs don't look that heavy more so with the rafts, paddles and fishing gear not to mention cameras etc
    Watching last night I bet you wished you had 1 or 2 tents and not a fly when it was raining

Another good episode, I like how they show that not all trips go to plan & that even experienced guys miss occasionally because that's the reality of hunting trips.
    GWH likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

LOC
    wish i didn't read that before watching the episode

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Another good episode, I like how they show that not all trips go to plan & that even experienced guys miss occasionally because that's the reality of hunting trips.