Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: NZDA worth joining.

Best bet would to Google 'NZDA branches' and see what comes up.
    Mr Google has been very helpful in the past - for me and my 'less thoughtful' enquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    Not all stores and only on certain items depending on owner
    Thats Nelson fukd then Fat boy Scully doesnt hand out discounts willy nilly.
    madjon_, Pengy, deer243 and 1 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    yeah and that .........at Hutt Valley is the same....worked there and got written the riot act many times lol
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    This seems to be a rather strange policy if what you post here is true?
    I have no reason to doubt you, but even I have read stuff wrong and then you think was I on about.
    Back to the policy I think it is rather short sighted of them. The more young people we can get into the sport the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Is it a one off payment? Or an annual one?
    After the first year you pay the same as everyone else, you just pay more to join first up, have had the argument with them a couple of times when asked to join.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Was thinking the same. Might email HnF head office and ask what the policy is with NZDA members so its clear. Blenheim seem good buggers so if they honour the 10 per cent could be well worth buying over the hill as i cant see nelson giving out 10 pcent unless its a national deal though head office as the email stated all senior members get 10 p cent, not at just some stores etc. Watch this space...
    veitnamcam and LOC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Was thinking the same. Might email HnF head office and ask what the policy is with NZDA members so its clear. Blenheim seem good buggers so if they honour the 10 per cent could be well worth buying over the hill as i cant see nelson giving out 10 pcent unless its a national deal though head office as the email stated all senior members get 10 p cent, not at just some stores etc. Watch this space...
    Only H&F I would use personally would be Kaikoura. Seem to actually have service and it was good
    Munsey, deer243 and Mathias like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

i think the line from H&F HO is it will be each stores decision

H
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    i think the line from H&F HO is it will be each stores decision

H
    I would agress cause they are all "franchises" or independently owned under the H&F banner
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    This seems to be a rather strange policy if what you post here is true?
    I have no reason to doubt you, but even I have read stuff wrong and then you think was I on about.
    Back to the policy I think it is rather short sighted of them. The more young people we can get into the sport the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Is it a one off payment? Or an annual one?
    Yeah it's true. It's some half baked way to keep new members away, so the commitee can moan about memberships dropping (sarcasm). Last meeting I pointed out to a few committee members that only 8 out of 45+ members present were under the age of 50, and something had to change or the club was done for in 10 years. Lots of blowing of cheeks and shit. The old boys club aspect of my local is a point of contention. It's how a certain circle go takahe culling without the rest of the branch even being aware that it was going on. Debating as to whether I stay or not myself to be honest.
    Beaker likes this.

shit not the Hutt Valley Branch, we have a real wide range in age
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I would agress cause they are all "franchises" or independently owned under the H&F banner
    Could well be right, but if the NZDA is stating you get 10 per cent then surely ringing around you going to find a store that honour it and just get them to ship it to you, even with freight still be cheaper depending on what you buy. Thats if you want shop at HnF for a start lol. I tend to go else where but always good to know what the deal is.

Have to say thou the emailed stated what the benefits discounts were, only two national ones. One , the interislander, two the HnF 10 per cent. Stated any other discounts were done at local branch level with any other stores or businesses and you have to contact them to see if any, so seems a national deal with HnFbut who knows.
    Last edited by deer243; 26-10-2016 at 09:55 PM.

What do they class as a "senior" member?

Quote Originally Posted by matto1234 View Post
    What do they class as a "senior" member?
    Not affiliated or family membership (possibly junior too). Basically any full adult member.
    deer243 and matto1234 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah it's true. It's some half baked way to keep new members away, so the commitee can moan about memberships dropping (sarcasm). Last meeting I pointed out to a few committee members that only 8 out of 45+ members present were under the age of 50, and something had to change or the club was done for in 10 years. Lots of blowing of cheeks and shit. The old boys club aspect of my local is a point of contention. It's how a certain circle go takahe culling without the rest of the branch even being aware that it was going on. Debating as to whether I stay or not myself to be honest.
    That is a real shame.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I joined NZDA several years back, I wouldn't call myself a shy person but despite my best efforts I just got the feeling after several meetings that it was a bit of an old boys club and I gave up trying to include myself in any discussion or events and eventually stopped going. I have heard similar experiences from others also at different branches. If NZDA want to attract new members, and keep them, then that's an issue I think they have to look very hard at.