Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Poor going from my local gunshop I thought!

Poor going from my local gunshop I thought!

So I have a mate that's younger then me and hasn't even got a firearms licence yet or even applied for one. But he made a trip to a shop, he dosnt know anything to do with rifles but failed to ask myself or a mate to go with him. Long story short he has ticked up 1500 on a new rifle and scope on hp. I would f thought the salesman shouldn't of done this and should of recommed getting a f.a.l first etc. what do You guys think

Well, now your younger mate will get his a into g and get his license!
    stingray and Boulderman like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

What did he buy?
    Nil durum volenti !!

That's hilarious!

He went in with the intention of getting a air rifle so he says but left with a howa in 708. Can't really say bad choice but I would of said tikka in 308 but he never asked me haha

Yeah personally I would have told him to get a good second hand rifle and good optics for less $. (I tend to tell new guys to get a Tikka T3 in 6.5x55 Swe)
    Howas are good and although we give 7mm08 owners grief for being metrosexuals, it is a good starter and all round calibre.
    The package scopes tend to be a bit marginal and the HP will end up being a bit though.
    Scouser and Boulderman like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

assuming he hasnt left with it already they wont let it go without seeing arms license or they in the deep brown stuff, if it is on tick then it wont take much to get them to change the make and model with some encouragement from you!!
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

bit off topic but...

There once was two salesmen in a hardwhare shop ,the old hand says to the young bloke he has to learn to "up sell".

What do ya mean ask the young bloke? here watch and learn says the old hand...

He walks up to a bloke looking at some fish hooks ... and with some blah de blah the bloke walks out with fish hooks, bait ,nylon and sinkers.

See says the old hand... saw he was looking at hooks , so I knew he was going fishing so I advised him of that other gear he would need and hay presto more gear sold... "Hmm says the young hand got ya"!!

well a couple hours pass and the old hand comes wandering back from smoko to see the young hand helping a bloke hook up a brand new boat, filled with new rods and gear for africa.

he's lost for words!! so when the young bloke comes back into the store he just has to ask, "how did you manage that"??

Well says the young hand.... "I did what you said"

"Eh" say the old hand
    ....I saw that bloke standing around while his lady was looking at femine products , so I wandered ..real casual like you said... and said "well looks like your weekends screwed mate you should go fishing and it all went from there".
    Nil durum volenti !!

Haha yeah I'm all for up sells I was really thinking. Why sell something that you know the guy have. It would of been like a fat kid in a candy store.

Can't have

ebf
    Hang on, so a guy goes to a shop and says "I wanna buy a gun", and lo and behold, the shop dude sells him a gun...

And you want to complain about this ?!?

I must be missing something
    craigc, stingray, 338 man and 3 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

The dumbest part on your mate is to tick it up
    petree, POME, stumpy and 2 others like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Young minds think dumb I guess what comes down to. @ebf I get what your saying but I woulnt care less if he had a f.a.l in the first place but more that they are happy to sell it to him knowing that there could be a chance he may be refused a f.a.l or fail the test etc.

Would he not have lay buyed it as he does not have it yet? That would be fine as there is no interest on lay buy.
    HNTMAD likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I would have waited until I had my FAL.
    Could you even sign up to rifle without a FAL? There has to be an ownership issue somewhere doesn't there? It's not like buying a car....I mean there's no age restriction or licence restriction as long as your not driving on a public road, unlike firearms?