Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Queenstown hunting?

well, when i lived in queenstown, the go for goats was drive to Moke lake,park up right before the stream on your left just past the lake,then head into the hills in the Glenorchy direction.Used to see a heap within ten mins walk. Follow the river up and around the falls and there would be deersies at times.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

And hope like hell John Foster doesn't catch you?

Or god forbid his wife.
    planenutz likes this.

Fear the wife!

Hate to tell you this Oneipete but these days Moke Lake is camper-central, full time DOC warden, $13 per night for a 3 x 3 plot of land and access to a long-drop. Sprinting across the open ground to make it to the creek before you get spotted has become significantly more difficult.

Just had a looksie on google maps.. blinkin hang, theres a heap of buildings there now. Mind you,thinking back it would be 15 yrs since i left.Wow time flies !

Never needed to run n hide back then , park at the lake and slowly head in.Had permission of the guy who owned the area but cant for the life of me remember his name.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

Quote Originally Posted by oneipete View Post
    Just had a looksie on google maps.. blinkin hang, theres a heap of buildings there now. Mind you,thinking back it would be 15 yrs since i left.Wow time flies !

Never needed to run n hide back then , park at the lake and slowly head in.Had permission of the guy who owned the area but cant for the life of me remember his name.
    Would have been the same sort of time, Bruce D on the left going back into the moon light, shot a lot of goats in those days.
    Time
    KH
    The Voice of Reason, Come let us Reason together...

SiB
    I was shooting up around Moke and down into the 12-Mile when Robert Keyes owned Closeburn. He mysteriously "fell" of the bridge at Arthur's Point. Local gossip at the time was he was assisted
    rossi.45 likes this.