Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think needs to be done with the "Hunting & Wildlife" mag.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it as is, I don't mind paying for the H&W mag.

14 25.45%
  • Ditch the mag & take the dollars off my subs.

13 23.64%
  • Ditch the mag & invest those funds into other NZDA thingy's.

28 50.91%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: A question for NZDA members

yes
    Mathias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Totally playing Devil's advocate here, but why then did you not choose to do something about it, rather than walk away?
    Same reason nothing happened with the takahe shooting incident, there's an inner circle, a club within the club. Very much an old boys network.

There's an alternative shooting club opening up nearby, with much better facilities. The NZDA Akl branch gets roughly 50% of its income from range fees, and the other half from subs. As soon as this other shooting club opens, NZDA range attendance will pancake, and I believe memberships will drop too, as people realize that, for roughly the same coin, getting access to a range 2 Sundays a month vs. 7 days a week, is a no-brainer. The range facilities were a major drawcard for this branch, as it's a city branch, and very few people have access to casual shooting facilities within 2+ hours of Akl CBD. With income substantially reduced, I believe the club will wither and die quite quickly. There is also uncertainty re the local Iwi taking ownership of Riverhead forest, where the NZDA range is located.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

LOC
    the auckland presidency is well and truly up for grabs Tommy - if you took it up you can start to turn the ship in another direction

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Same reason nothing happened with the takahe shooting incident, there's an inner circle, a club within the club. Very much an old boys network.

There's an alternative shooting club opening up nearby, with much better facilities. The NZDA Akl branch gets roughly 50% of its income from range fees, and the other half from subs. As soon as this other shooting club opens, NZDA range attendance will pancake, and I believe memberships will drop too, as people realize that, for roughly the same coin, getting access to a range 2 Sundays a month vs. 7 days a week, is a no-brainer. The range facilities were a major drawcard for this branch, as it's a city branch, and very few people have access to casual shooting facilities within 2+ hours of Akl CBD. With income substantially reduced, I believe the club will wither and die quite quickly. There is also uncertainty re the local Iwi taking ownership of Riverhead forest, where the NZDA range is located.
    kiwijames and WallyR like this.

Well and truely if the current holder carries on.

Date: 23 March 2017 at 11:22:07 AM NZDT
    To: Xxx xxx <xxx@xtra.co.nz>
    Subject: Re: NZDA AKL: November BT

You need to view and read the following months BT for and explanation of my initial report.

Time to move on as everyone else has.

Regards

David Nicol

On 22/03/2017 9:02 PM, "Xxx xxx" <xxx@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
    Dear President,

It is now 22 March 2017 and I am yet to have a reply to my message sent in November last year.
    I hope you had a chance to read it, as I know we are all busy people.

Kind regards,

Xxx
    Welcome to Sako club.

Auckland Shooting Club $460.00 p/a plus $115.oo joining fee, $575.oo for the first year. NZDA $120.oo plus $50.oo joining fee plus $10.oo range fee when you feel the need to zero your rifle before a hunting trip.

I'd love to see the fine print on the NZDA hunter's insurance. I have the AIG policy page, but not the details.
    Pengy and Beaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Well and truely if the current holder carries on.

[I]From: Dave Nicol <dnicol@deerstalkers.co.nz>
    Date: 23 March 2017 at 11:22:07 AM NZDT
    To: Xxx xxx <xxx@xtra.co.nz>
    Subject: Re: NZDA AKL: November BT

You need to view and read the following months BT for and explanation of my initial report.

Time to move on as everyone else has.

Regards

David Nicol
    Can someone find and upload the December edition of the Bush Telegraph?

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Can someone find and upload the December edition of the Bush Telegraph?
    BT December 2016.pdf
    stretch likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

lol, did you seriously email Dave 4-1/2 months later, so you could have something to post on the forum for internet creds?

21/03 @ 09.47pm - Thread Created
    22/03 @ 09.02pm - Dave emailed by dogmatix
    23/03 @ 11.47am - Dave's reply
    23/03 @ 02.22pm - Cut and paste for internet creds #yolo

Looking forward to having you on the committee this year, see you at the agm. You to Tommy ;-)

Yours truly,

Daniel Friedman
    Auckland Branch Treasurer
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

No Dan,

The thread simply reminded me that I hadn't even received an acknowledgement from David or yourself that you had received my email 4.5 months ago.

The tone of David's reply says it all, hence I posted it.

And no, I don't need any 'cred', I do far more for hunters and shooters I've met through the branch and elsewhere than I take back thank you very much.

I've been on the committee of a NZDA branch before and the infighting and generaly bitchiness from grown men (people were threatening to punch each other) was enough.
    deer243, Nickoli and Tommy like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Jees Im geting sick of this, Dave might have seed something not P/C in your eyes but he is an electritian, and a bloody good one, not a polictrian, but he is MY president and I might be 70yrs old with a dodgy hip but I am preparded to take my glasses off take on anybody, fistycuffs at ten paces anyone

Quote Originally Posted by doubleRB View Post
    Auckland Shooting Club $460.00 p/a plus $115.oo joining fee, $575.oo for the first year. NZDA $120.oo plus $50.oo joining fee plus $10.oo range fee when you feel the need to zero your rifle before a hunting trip.
    The cost? It's a dollar difference per day. If you veiw it terms of opportunities to go shooting, 2 days a month vs open most of the time, the value is obvious.

I hunt, but I also participate in various other shooting sports. If I wanted to be a part of OMNI too (and a B is on my to do list, long overdue) the fees of $$320 per year added to the NZDA fees, we're now talking pretty much the same coin. So yes, the new club is well worth it to me. I'm pretty sure their newsletter isn't going to have bits ratfucking what other people do with their guns either.
    @LOC, I plan to be involved and donate time to the sport, only not for the NZDA. Took me a while to decide what I was going to do, but two conversations in the past week with former committee members of the branch (who are also more than a little fucked off with auckland), certainly helped me reach my decision.
    veitnamcam, Beaker and LOC like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

DoubleRB you raise a good point.
    Enough bitching on this forum, myself included.
    That was the reason I left the other branch.
    I'll say no more on the matter.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    YOU as a member voted this person in as YOUR president.
    Just saying.
    Apathy and these problems are hand in glove.
    This is like blaming all Americans for the petulant child that is currently their president. A popularity contest in an old boys club will result in an old boy getting the reins - like it or not...
    veitnamcam likes this.