Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rabbits

Rabbits

Hey guys. Does anyone have a rural property in auckland I would be able to shoot rabbits on.

.22LR rifle.

Just a tip. What you're doing here is asking a group of people if any of them will let a total stranger onto their property with a firearm, to shoot at rabbits they probably enjoy shooting themselves. This approach is unlikely to go well for you.

Try finding a farmer's forum, and get to know people before you ask to bring a gun onto their land.

Mate... Have I a deal for you...

Bugger, you're up north as well
    Gibo and Mathias like this.

Hi mate,

I'm afraid u won't have much luck asking something like this on a hunting forum. This is a good place to ask for anything except that. From what I gather, most of the fellas that are in a position to provide a place that u have asked for will detest that question and ignore it, or even worse, take the piss As they are probably sick of people asking them. U can probably imagine, the amount of people with a gun license and a 22lr who want to shoot rabbits is massive. Also, asking to hunt a few rabbits on the property of someone who is most likely a hunter himself... (asking on a hunting forum) probably won't grant you much success.

My friend has a friend who has a kiwi fruit orchard. They have lots of little critters running all over the place and aren't into hunting at all, so they let me and my mate go and shoot rabbits to our hearts content. Note my point, u are just asking the wrong people. Get into online forums that concern orchards, vegetable farms, vineyards, etc. I believe you will have most chance of finding what you're looking for there. You may just get lucky and find someone who wants their pest problem taken care of but don't care/don't have time for hunting themselves

Hope this helps!
    Cheers
    Jan
    sometimes likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

hmm,
    there was another thread similar to this one that got much the same put down i thought.
    I figured this Would be a forum to ask because of the hunters on it.
    Sure, you'll all have your spots but it's a big rural place out there and who better to 'know of' possibilities than you lot?
    Can't help myself 'cos my place is barely big enough for the cats....
    Try your local farmers supply shop for intros maybe.

Or try introducing yourself in the introductions, telling us abit about yourself, interests,hobbies and experience hunting. Whether you're after big game, little game or feathered game. If we know abit about you and if you contribute to the forum, you'll get on a lot better. There's heaps of people on here that will take you under their wing and take you out.
    The more you put in, the more you get out.
    Give us something, and you'll get something in return
    Gibo and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Awaian View Post
    hmm,
    there was another thread similar to this one that got much the same put down i thought.
    Sure, you'll all have your spots but it's a big rural place out there and who better to 'know of' possibilities than you lot?
    Can't help myself 'cos my place is barely big enough for the cats....
    Try your local farmers supply shop for intros maybe.
    Access is becoming harder added harder for recreational hunters, those that have it don't want to risk losing it. Ask for someone to take you out hunting and show you a few things and a lot here would be happy to.

This is also the third person in a week asking exactly the same thing, not your fault but it's getting repetitive
    SlowElliot likes this.

To you guys its hard enough to find landowners willing give you access (for hunting or anything), It takes hard work to get properties.
    We don't know you from "Adam" and a first post asking for a place to hunt with not even so much as an introduction is a bit rich for some of us

Since I am from the "old school" I run on the "if I take ya somewhere you don't go back without me or try to " (talking private land here) on Public land however its "fill ya boots"
    sometimes and keneff like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Or try introducing yourself in the introductions, telling us abit about yourself, interests,hobbies and experience hunting. Whether you're after big game, little game or feathered game. If we know abit about you and if you contribute to the forum, you'll get on a lot better. There's heaps of people on here that will take you under their wing and take you out.
    The more you put in, the more you get out.
    Give us something, and you'll get something in return

where the hell is the goddamn "like" button, we need it back, I'm lost with out it
    Gapped axe and inglishill like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Awaian View Post
    With respect, you have this backwards.
    You'll get plenty of help on how to go about asking for hunting permission from land owners, but not straight up access.

Basics are:
    Get in the car and go door knocking.
    Be polite and respectful.
    Don't show up in your camouflage gear with firearm.
    Be prepared to get knocked back a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    where the hell is the goddamn "like" button, we need it back, I'm lost with out it
    Left hand side under our photo

northdude
    and if your to lazy or cant be bothered introducing yourself dont expect anyone to be bothered helping by the way guys im looking for free private land where i can hunt some trophy stags while we are at it

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    and if your to lazy or cant be bothered introducing yourself dont expect anyone to be bothered helping by the way guys im looking for free private land where i can hunt some trophy stags while we are at it
    Mate....

Nope. Wrong island again
    Gibo, northdude, keneff and 1 others like this.

northdude
    Mate....

Nope. Wrong island again

Mate....
    I'm on the south island and have free transport to basically anywhere, do you have a deal for me?
    Gibo likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?