Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: resole meindl

Quote Originally Posted by Barny Rubble View Post
    I can recommend Perrits in Ashburton to. Had a pair of Miendl's done just before Xmas. Excellent work.
    Got a phone number for them? How much did they cost to re-sole?

What is it with you pack of fux? You're "ALL" too quick to boast about getting your boots resoled, and yet, when a man asks a genuine honest question like, have you got a phone number for this, so called 'Perritts Shoe Repairs' I hear all your ass holes "shut with a bang!" When I Google it, I get a very adumbrated advert come up (with a false phone number) even wanting 'ME' to lay claim to owning the business (without the smile)!!! And when I attempt to dial 911 directory, they say there's no such eff'n thing come up in Ashburton, there's only two shoe businesses come up and 'Perritts' ain't one of them! I mean, do they really exist, and have you guys got numbers for them or just got your hands on it???

LOC
    interesting

Quote Originally Posted by .300 RUM Guy View Post
    What is it with you pack of fux? You're "ALL" too quick to boast about getting your boots resoled, and yet, when a man asks a genuine honest question like, have you got a phone number for this, so called 'Perritts Shoe Repairs' I hear all your ass holes "shut with a bang!" When I Google it, I get a very adumbrated advert come up (with a false phone number) even wanting 'ME' to lay claim to owning the business (without the smile)!!! And when I attempt to dial 911 directory, they say there's no such eff'n thing come up in Ashburton, there's only two shoe businesses come up and 'Perritts' ain't one of them! I mean, do they really exist, and have you guys got numbers for them or just got your hands on it???
    Well there is only one shoe repair place in Ashburton, but knowing Alan (even though it was 20 years ago when I was last living there) I am not sure you would get on with him very well with an attitude like that.
    @Mathias might be able to help you with a phone number if he is so inclined
    Mathias likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I'm pretty sure Allan Perritt runs a very lean tidy little business and does not have a phone in the shop. You can get his number/contact details by asking Staeger Sports, or you can drive to Ashburton and see hime, he's on Burnett St, right in town. And if you want your boots resoled, then its worth the effort because he is very good at his job!
    mikee and Mathias like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Husky 1600 is spot on. Alan runs a small operation with old world skills. No landline, no eftpos so pay in cash. He'll charge you for attitude as he doesnt suffer fools very well either. Known Alan for 30+ yrs.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by .300 RUM Guy View Post
    I'm hoping to see him soon (April) and I can pass the information on quick smart... sweet?
    Dan M

Thank you Husky and you other fella's for your comments, just a shame it had to take some 'attitude' to get a result... well, sort of! I can assure you, Allan and I will get on perfectly fine, provided he does his job properly!
    Danny likes this.

Just had a pair of Meindl's resoled by The Shoe Repair Shop in Te Awamutu, cost $120. Looks good but time will tell.

Any updates from those with resoles?

@Savage1 and @tetawa - How did the resoles work out now you've had a bit of time to test them? I'm looking to get some Meindl Island's resoled if it makes sense.

Anyone else that has had a time-tested resole? I'm near Auckland, but I've not heard of any good boot cobblers there yet.

Cheers
    Cam
    Last edited by cmthelegend; 19-09-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typo

I changed to a trail running type shoe instead, I find the grip a lot better and a lot less weight to carry around. My resoled boots just get used around the section

Quote Originally Posted by cmthelegend View Post
    @Savage1 and @tetawa - How did the resoles work out now you've had a bit of time to test them? I'm looking to get some Meindl Island's resoled if it makes sense.

Anyone else that has had a time-tested resole? I'm near Auckland, but I've not heard of any good boot cobblers there yet.

Cheers
    Cam
    I have never tried the cobbler in Balmoral but worth a shot. Looks like an old place so probably a lot of experience

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmthelegend View Post

Cheers
    Cam
    Haven't worn mine,went thru the winter in my "Bullers"

He does a good job but beware every pair I know of that were done made them 1/2 a size smaller and reduced toe room. A mate got 2 pairs done and had to sell them to get a new pair as they no longer fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Haven't worn mine,went thru the winter in my "Bullers"
    Haha
    Bloody King Country Hick

Mind you did same for 10 years there
    tetawa likes this.