Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Rimutaka and East Harbour 1080 Drop

Quite dissappointed here!!! Really don't have much to say at this point. Am pretty much running out of places to hunt now. Only one forest left within reasonible driving distance. Almost put money on it being dropped on in the near future then will have nowhere to take the hounds out!

You can make excuses for the Rimutakas and alot of the other forests. But East Harbour has a very active volunteer pest management crew that is in there 1-2 times a week last i'd spoken to one of the members. The tracks they work are literally right through the whole park, i've walked pretty much the lot of them more times than i could count. Only takes 15-20 mins from Eastbourne up and over the hill and into the main valley where the trapping tracks zig zag and snake all through the entire park/valley. So really no reason to drop through that park!

At the very least i wish they'd do these drops in summer so the carcusses would rot quicker in the heat! Doing them at the start of the pig hunting season destroys the whole years pig hunting and months of deer hunting. In summer the baits wouldn't be washed away in the rain so quick too so would hang around a little longer to be eaten by the target species so it would be a win all round.

AERIAL FACTSHEET - Southern Rimutaka.pdf

What is the other forest you speak of in driving distance.?? Haurangi are due this month or early next too

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    What is the other forest you speak of in driving distance.?? Haurangi are due this month or early next too

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Lol...there goes that! Might have to start door knock begging for somewhere to go