Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Social club trip

I have the joy of organizing yet again our social club trip.
    Usually we head to Kiakoura for a guided hunting trip but as our dates are looking like first weekend of march it is looking unlikely for a meat hunt trip due to filling up for roar bookings.
    Have had a brief talk to dough boy safaris in murch. At this stage its on the maybe list.

So private property fairly high numbers is a must,we only have two "hunters" and 6 in the party and only one of us will do any sort of hard yards (me)

We have one bow hunter who shot his first deer on our last trip.
    Budget is 400$ per person for the weekend not including travel and piss.
    Usually Knock of work lunch fri and head back sun night,in 7 or 8 of these trips we have never had someone fail to get a deer(usually there first) and id like it to stay that way.

So open to any suggestions for a weekend hunt for the above price within 4-5 hours drive or less of Nelson
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

High Peak Station up the Rakaia would be spot on. We've had a work do up there which was brilliant. Me and two others took the 4wd in and the other 4 flew in from Mt Hutt Helicopters base (Then us three had a scenic flight from the hut). Everyone that wanted a deer bagged one. The block is awesome; really good track network, 4500 acres, full of fallow and all to yourselves. Brilliant hut (Sleeps 6 in proper single beds). Its where we've ran the 'other' Canty Forum fallow hunts over the last few years. I'd be happy to enquire on your behalf if you'd like as i've got a pretty long history with the Guilds? Flick me a PM if you'd like. Otherwise you can contact them from their website. Hunting the Red Stag - Discover the Definitive New Zealand Experience.

Was wondering if you would reply wildharvest

It is a top spot, I really hope I can get back in there again

Quote Originally Posted by wildharvest View Post
    High Peak Station up the Rakaia would be spot on. We've had a work do up there which was brilliant. Me and two others took the 4wd in and the other 4 flew in from Mt Hutt Helicopters base (Then us three had a scenic flight from the hut). Everyone that wanted a deer bagged one. The block is awesome; really good track network, 4500 acres, full of fallow and all to yourselves. Brilliant hut (Sleeps 6 in proper single beds). Its where we've ran the 'other' Canty Forum fallow hunts over the last few years. I'd be happy to enquire on your behalf if you'd like as i've got a pretty long history with the Guilds? Flick me a PM if you'd like. Otherwise you can contact them from their website. Hunting the Red Stag - Discover the Definitive New Zealand Experience.

Cheers wildharvest, I PMd you on the other place after your forum hunt and it sounded a bit out of our price range?
    If you could see what sort of a pakage they could do us that would be tops
    How long did it take to get there Greg?

yea, i'll give them a bell. Do you need some level of catering or can you sort that for yourselves? (There's a BBQ, small gas oven and gas hobs at the hut)
    Last edited by wildharvest; 17-01-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Its about an hour or so out of Chch, from memory ??

Any flexability on those dates. They are booked from the 1st - 12th March. The weekend of the 25/26th Feb is available however. Give me a ring to discuss on 027 228 7045 or email shaun@vlime.co.nz.

Good to see that WH is alive!!
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
    Good to see that WH is alive!!
    Alive and kicking mate! Are you around town at the mo?

Yeap, but away to the US on Saterday for a bit. Back Feb, will catch up for a beer then. Did you need anything from there? PM me.
    Cheers C
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Thanks very much wildharvest for enquiringly on our behalf.It sounded like a good deal and I was keen and a couple of the other guys too but the boss was concerned about the travel(read taking to much time off fri) and I think weather it would be easy enough

We managed to get a booking on another property we have been to before,looks like a x workmate will be flying back for the trip from Oz He got his first deer on one of these trips and is keen as for another.

Il post up a bit of a report when we get back. Must remember to take photos,must remember to take photos,must remember.......