Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree44Likes
  • 1 Post By Rushy
  • 4 Post By Spook
  • 1 Post By viper
  • 36 Post By 35whelen
  • 1 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By tac a1

Thread: Thompsons track security

Thompsons track security

Hi all,

Have started to do a few trips up thompsons track from the Waikato side and on the last trip questioned what vehicle security was like. As we were heading in (roughly 5am) we were following in another vehicle. When we got about half way down the gravel road the car then turned around put his headlights on high and drove off rather quickly which seemed a tad suss to me. Also noticed at the end there was a burnt out car which could have simply been dumped there but it did get me wondering if anyone has had any issues up there or whether I'm just overthinking it.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Contact Spook. He will have the good oil on what is happening there. He lives at the end of the gravel just before Thompsons track begins.
    Cspence likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The burnt out car was a penalty cos the bastard was shooting hinds...nah, just pulling ya tit...car was stolen and driven up track for some distance and then burnt...4x4 guys dragged it out as was blocking the track...there has been no problems with vehicles parked at road end for a long time...a quad was stolen when a hunter stashed it up the track a few months ago.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

just FYI the Kati side is not great for leaving cars, plenty of shit heads growing dope, drinking piss and thinking they are world class rally drivers.
    Sometimes it will be ok for months other times not so good....just a heads up
    Cspence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    The burnt out car was a penalty cos the bastard was shooting hinds...nah, just pulling ya tit...car was stolen and driven up track for some distance and then burnt...4x4 guys dragged it out as was blocking the track...there has been no problems with vehicles parked at road end for a long time...a quad was stolen when a hunter stashed it up the track a few months ago.
    Bugger! That's disappointing, I was guna head in on the weekend stash the bike and go for an overnighter. Not too sure now!

Anyone going up Katikati side's welcome to park at our place by our Farm house and someone of us I'll run you up to the bush and pick you and deer up later. Might cost you a deer liver or heart though PM me for info. Cheers

Now there's a top bloke!
    blip likes this.

Any 2023 update on security/parking on this track? Mate and I looking at heading that way (waikato side) hoping to get a bit of meat for a very sad looking freezer. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

If you want to be dropped off and car parked securely my dad lives in te aroha. He might be able to help out.
    tetawa likes this.

@DavidGunn might be able to help with info

Thanks for referral. David has been in touch. Looking forward to a good walk in the bush and having a good look around. No expectations of course!