Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Toa Hunter-Gatherer

I thought he was going to use the bow, and yer, I`v done that on goats with the old .303 with army amo, have to get in quick to finish them, don`t like to see them suffer. Real hunting. Homebrew.357.

Have it on series record, watched the first one last night as the wife was out on the piss so I managed to get control of the remote!

I enjoyed it, a relaxed new style of hunting program....I enjoy his youtube also.

Dogging deer is not my style but who am I to judge, humans have hunted that way for thousands of years and I enjoyed seeing how it was done NZ style in the here and now.

As for the deer themselves I would have given both a mercy shot as others have mentioned but I still do not think it portrayed hunting in a bad light at all.

Thumbs up from me.
    Pointer likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Just watched the last? in the series.
    Really enjoyed it as I have the rest of the series.

Well done Owen and team.
    Gibo likes this.

I'd like to see him give bow hunting reds,sika, and whitetail a go. You'd need a very good camera man and a whole lot of patience.
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    I'd like to see him give bow hunting reds,sika, and whitetail a go. You'd need a very good camera man and a whole lot of patience.
    Heya guys I am learning to navigate this forum- Just want to say cheers for the comments- Yep had a hard Run with the first episode, It wasint quite edited as it happend but on another forum have explained and moved forward. Quite rapt to see the thread here much appreciated guys. Has been a learning curve this year, as an update we are in the prep for Series 2, first series was a trail for us and Im greatful for the out come and what was eventually achieved.

I would have loved to show full time Trad bow bowhunting but powers that be control that side of things to give it a balance.

Rusky- Im looking forward to Sika and Whitetail mate, I wont say too much there as thats next Series, Reds on the other hand Ive managed a fair share now with the bow...and your bang on..the challenge is getting the Cameraman in the zone too. That has been my biggest challenge this year.

Cheers Again to all that commented good and bad- It all helps with moving forward and progress.

Toa
    Hunt.Gather. Provide

Quote Originally Posted by ToaHG View Post
    Heya guys I am learning to navigate this forum- Just want to say cheers for the comments- Yep had a hard Run with the first episode, It wasint quite edited as it happend but on another forum have explained and moved forward. Quite rapt to see the thread here much appreciated guys. Has been a learning curve this year, as an update we are in the prep for Series 2, first series was a trail for us and Im greatful for the out come and what was eventually achieved.

I would have loved to show full time Trad bow bowhunting but powers that be control that side of things to give it a balance.

Rusky- Im looking forward to Sika and Whitetail mate, I wont say too much there as thats next Series, Reds on the other hand Ive managed a fair share now with the bow...and your bang on..the challenge is getting the Cameraman in the zone too. That has been my biggest challenge this year.

Cheers Again to all that commented good and bad- It all helps with moving forward and progress.

Toa
    Welcome to the best hunting and shooting forum on the net ToaHG

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    madmaori likes this.

Be nice to see a bit more on your bow making Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ToaHG View Post

Toa
    Seems to me this forum has a lot more positive comments and a lot less negativity and bitching about DOC and 1080etc... I think you'll enjoy this one Toa ..keep up your awesome work my friend!

I am a hunter, I hunt without apology or guilt...
    ToaHG likes this.

Owen lets get you out there this summer and get a marlin. Any traditional methods used on large fish??
    PM if you actually want to
    veitnamcam and Biggun708 like this.

I like Owens PM. Its on
    veitnamcam, 199p, Rusky and 1 others like this.

I read an article in a hunting magazine recently on a guy who hunted from Waioeka gorge, through to Napier/Taupo highway and onto Urerewas.Took him 3 weeks and only had rfile, salt and pepper and your usual fly camp gear. He lived off Venison, eels, trout, and an assortment of green stuff. Something along these lines would be cool to see over a few episodes.
    veitnamcam and Dougie like this.