Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River

Warning Distressing and Disturbing Photographs- 1080 Poison

Scribe, has asked that I post these photographs in a thread as he has not been able to. I am sure that he will add commentary once they are up.
    Name:  TAIHAPE - MAP FINGER SMALL.jpg
Views: 4598
Size:  164.4 KBName:  TAIHAPE BAIT CLOSE SMALL.jpg
Views: 6385
Size:  197.6 KBName:  TAIHAPE BUSH VIEW DARKER - STEVE copy.jpg
Views: 3951
Size:  197.6 KBName:  TAIHAPE DEER 1 - ALLAN SMALL.jpg
Views: 5048
Size:  185.7 KBName:  TAIHAPE DEER 2 - BLOOD CLOSE SMALL.jpg
Views: 4066
Size:  146.5 KBName:  TAIHAPE DEER 2 - WIDE SMALL.jpg
Views: 4432
Size:  167.7 KBName:  TAIHAPE DEER 7 - WIDE SMALL.jpg
Views: 8038
Size:  188.2 KBName:  TAIHAPE DEER 9 - BIRD FEATHERS SMALL.jpg
Views: 3566
Size:  212.3 KBName:  TAIHAPE DEER 10 - STEVE SMALL.jpg
Views: 5254
Size:  240.4 KB
    Last edited by Spanners; 08-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    LegaSea likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

What a waste . Shame on you doc

sturg4
    We have no right to inflict this sort of cruelty on any animal let alone a deer. The haemorrhaging from mouth, nose, eyes and tail end tell of a gruesome tale of suffering over many hours for these animals.

This area is no harder to get at, steep, inaccessible spot where they tell us they have to use 1080 because there is no alternative. This is Hihitahi Forest and it is just a kilometre off the main North South Highway just South of Waioru. I used to live next to and trap this forest and have carried many deer out on my back from this very spot.

Where these deer are were found is in bush gullys surrounded by farmland. So far the searchers have found 10 dead deer and only seven dead possums.

It is an illegal act to target and kill deer with 1080 both DOC/AHB know this. Do they think the law does not apply to them???
    Last edited by Scribe; 06-08-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    LegaSea likes this.

I know that there are many of us on this forum that hold strong contrary opinion about 1080 to DoC et al so I will not belabour that again but if you really want to send a shiver down your spine then take a look at the map in the first picture and consider how many of the water courses on that southern face of Hihitahi are carrying this toxin toward areas where that water is used for farm supply.
    LegaSea likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Wow.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

This is really sad. My father and I were in Hihitahi the weekend after they dropped this. I believe they were planning to hand distribute that crap in the home bush as well. My father has been hunting up there for longer than i have been alive and this was the first place he use to let me tag along. I wouldn't have been 6 year old back then and we were living in Waiouru.

Shame, shame, shame.
    graham99 and LegaSea like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Wow.
    Damn, I didn't think a woman was capable of a one word sentence until that Dougie. I had thought that was the domain of blokes up to now. I have seen you take interest in this subject previously and now you can see why some of us are so passionate in our opposition to 1080.

This is the visual that needs to be seen in the mainstream media - forward this everywhere!

And wtf - Gillie has said, if someone is HAND distributing 1080, then why not just walk in and nail a few traps in????? Far out. It makes me sad to think that there are people in our beautiful country who think this is the only answer.
    LegaSea likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Cyanide would have been a better option there. It wouldnt take long for a few guys to cover that forest
    moonhunt, Wirehunt and graham99 like this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Cyanide would have been a better option there. It wouldnt take long for a few guys to cover that forest
    'Summit' we believe DOC/AHB were targetting the deer in this drop...The local Farmers insisted on a possum monitor before the drop went in because the possum numbers were so low but the monitor was refused.

Google..... 1080-Related Animal Deaths A Shock to SPCA....And see what they have to say.

The video of these clips will be posted on you tube in the next few days

Thats bullshit. We always suspected the reason they werent behind deer repellant was because they didnt mind deer being by-kills but to actually target them with a poison they know kills deer terribly slowly is just criminal. The SPCA just charged that trapper for using the wrong sized traps, they should step up on this.

Banned
    Give that stuff straight to the media!
    graham99 and Dawg like this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Give that stuff straight to the media!
    We have been feeding this stuff to the media for years...They just wont touch it.

Doesnt matter whether it is baits in peoples water supplys...Cows poisoned drinking out of the local streams or what.

Google.... "SPCA Horrified 1080 Still Killing Deer"...and you will see more on the subject but not one newspaper has picked up on it. The Govt has got a hold on them alright...

The TV agencies have told us outright that they wont risk their "TV On Air" money they get from the Govt showing anything like this.

Hell though if this was all about a little piglet in a Farmers pen they would be climbing all over it.
    Last edited by Scribe; 06-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    LegaSea likes this.

sturg4
    More news just in...The Mayor of Taupo...Rick Cooper... Has offered to pay to have the samples taken from these deer tested for 1080 poisoning if DOC/AHB dispute the fact that it was their 1080 drop that caused these deer to die in such a cruel fashion.