Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What is the NZ hunting uniform?

SiB
    Yup. You tore a narrow (finger wide) strip off the lower front of your Swannie when nature called.

Lol....SiB....my mate learned that ya have to lift ya skirt properly (on the swanny that is) when ya slipped into the dark parts of the bush for a 'constitutional' visit....else ya wind up with a fairly messy swanny.....he got a fair bit of stick for that adventure....!!!!!

Lol....SiB....my mate learned that ya have to lift ya skirt properly (on the swanny that is) when ya slipped into the dark parts of the bush for a 'constitutional' visit....else ya wind up with a fairly messy swanny.....he got a fair bit of stick for that adventure....!!!!!

SiB
    A Swannie with genuine bum flap. ..... I'll stop there this is getting far too detailed lol

Shepherds whistle. A lot of us wear one I've noticed. Useful for stopping a runner (occasionally), calling for help or just scaring the bejesus out of your asleep hunting mate!

Funny about the shepherds whistle, I always carry one too. Don't ask me where I keep it though when I'm hunting nude
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.

SiB
    We will all know when you fart
    AzumitH and Pointer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    We will all know when you fart
    Well at least your dog will........But I figure the dog would figure it out pretty darn quick without the whistle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Funny about the shepherds whistle, I always carry one too. Don't ask me where I keep it though when I'm hunting nude
    Just a wee bit too much information there Mr Pointer.
    EeeBees likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Standard fare
    7mmsaum, Tahr and EeeBees like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    Standard fare
    Now THAT is a mullet
    Zamkiwi likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i have the photo to prove that.
    @mucko i think it is time
    mucko, Twoshotkill and BRADS like this.

[QUOTE=summitdogracing;426826]Noticing that many hunters in certain countries tend to dress in similar fashion (like a uniform code). In Germany there is the green Barbour oilskin coat, the Trachtenhut (hunting hat), green rubber boots; the Scots seem to love their tweed jackets and deer stalkers; and the Americans love their camouflage - even going so far as the underwear or ass paint.

Would you say there is a hunting "uniform" in NZ? (I understand that not all or even most fit the uniform code.).

I think that the only countries in Europe who actually " HUNT" their game animals like we do are the Scandinavians & probably the Russian type states???? ( I get to speak to quite a few hunters from European countries & I usually get them talking about their hunting at home).
    The rest sit up in towers with their nice wee hats & expensive green garb and have the deer driven towards them EXACTLY like the supposed hunters who shoot fallow deer at the Equine Estate ( at Tree Tops they sit on Quad bikes with a rifle rest!!!) in the BOP ( I've seen the towers that these "hunters????" sit up in.

To answer your question; no, I don't think we have a "uniform" but I am seeing more & more sensible NZ hunters wearing dayglo orange( not sure if the blue stuff works in darkened areas like punga guts etc???) ( the stuff with NO UV brighteners in the dyes) which deer cannot see. Remembering that your usual washing powder which you wash your hunting gear in ( most do) is FULL of UV brighteners which infests your gear & you can probably hear the deer giggling as they run away!!!!!

Remember also: that even dayglo gear doesn't prevent you from a bullet from some dickhead who shoots at movement before properly identifying his quarry!!!!!!
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    A Swannie with genuine bum flap. ..... I'll stop there this is getting far too detailed lol

Shepherds whistle. A lot of us wear one I've noticed. Useful for stopping a runner (occasionally), calling for help or just scaring the bejesus out of your asleep hunting mate!
    I carry one of those Acme Silent Dog whistles which I'm sure the deer can hear like the dog can & with Sika particularly it may well arouse their curiosity. Remember that "curiosity-- killed the cat"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i have the photo to prove that.
    whoa and you keep it? What's goes on in the bush should stay in the bush! There should not be photos of the bush from the bush FFS
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I do not like synthetic anything much (clothing) but the development of polypropylene fibres and therefore garments has certainly been a good one in some respects...the pure wool Swandri was and still is an enigma...only thing was that if it was teeming with the rain, the enigma carried that much water it made your knees bend...and coming out of Rocks Ahead in that state was not overly pleasant...but they were very warm and tough as old boots...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...