Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What are you doing for the ROAR?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Thats where I reacon it will go off - end of march - 1st week april.. EXACTLY the time I'm rostered on

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Thats where I reacon it will go off - end of march - 1st week april.. EXACTLY the time I'm rostered on
    Well its guaranteed then isnt it
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    hi team,

this year i am after a fallow mount. its gotta be the balls!!! planning a trip otago for one, have some hunches so pretty confident on a monster.

in regards to the seasons, currently central north island to east coast north island (HB etc) is running around 14 days later than tyrpical and 7 days later than 2010.

top of the south to north canterbury is running 7 days later than typical and not much different than 2009.

we expect the season to pick up a bit but id say we will typically be 7 days behind nation wide generally.

this is all based on plant growth developement and fruit maturity, i have used this rule for years and it seems to align more or less.

my two cents

rogers.270

Thats an interesting concept rogers.270,

Your approach would make more sense than people going by the moon, lotto numbers etc

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    yeah its generally a pretty accurate indicator as like animals for plants its all about GDD's and temperature accumulation and cooling. im happy to have learnt something practical with half a decade of study
    Addicted to gun powder

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Keep us informed on what the 'tomato plants' say about the roar timing

Ejected
    Then up Ida Valley there might be a fellow that's hard antlered already. Could be a different roar down here as shit is mucked up. Stores going to Ida Valley from Southland.....UNHEARD OF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Then up Ida Valley there might be a fellow that's hard antlered already. Could be a different roar down here as shit is mucked up. Stores going to Ida Valley from Southland.....UNHEARD OF!!
    We got rain now!! yay

Dorkland
    Heli into Kaimanawa Ranges to Ken's Hut block in early April.

Should be good, mates that went last year said was a pretty decent block if you have the legs for it :p
    Auckland - 7mm08

East Coast, Kaimais and Kaimanawas

Interesting theories about when the roar will go off. Me, I'm a believer that it will be early this year, based on how much feed there has been around this summer. My plans? Kaimanawas for 9 days - 30 March till 9 April. Booyah. First roar trip for 4 years and I'm pumped already
    MEB likes this.

I'm heading in to the Kaimanawa's with some fruitloop for 9 days - 30th March to 9th April, I've heard of guys who are keen but this guy is off the hook! Rings my cell phone and leaves roars and squeals as messages! Eh Chief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I'm heading in to the Kaimanawa's with some fruitloop for 9 days - 30th March to 9th April, I've heard of guys who are keen but this guy is off the hook! Rings my cell phone and leaves roars and squeals as messages! Eh Chief!!!
    Iv been sneaking behind the machinist with a bit of pipe and letting rip a roar right behind him(not while actually machining of course) the reaction had me pissing myself
    Tui4Me likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Bwahahaha and you love it too bro! Might be time for another one shortly....

I have a Sika trip planned, I am flying into the kaimanawas from the 13th. But still nothing planned for the Reds. If anyone has a spare seat to some block they want fill give me a yell. otherwise i will probably just revert to the 42nd Traverse.