Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Whats your hunting footwear????

Scarpas......have had this pair for 4 years now, they have had extensive time on rivers flyfishing and handle the central north island bush well.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Red setters for me, Use to use the Bullers and loved them . Have sinced passed them down to my Son. And yes I guess quite a few of us still do the odd walk in the Red Bands, but comeing home from a hunt and still haveing half the bush inside me boots wears a bit thin on Wifey, especialy when I trapsed inside to tell her of my latest effort.

I've been using HiTec V-Lite boots, comfy and lite with plenty of grip. Only down side was while trapping possums last winter the glue that holds the sole to the boot gave out, they don't like been wet for weeks on end. Got some Ashley gumboots as well, great in winter but one boot has a hole in the sole from hoping on and off the quad. Looking at getting some of those Taranaki Rubber hiking boots, have only heard good things about them, so fingers crossed the last a bit longer, and if not they're not they're not a big out lay of cash :-)

My Dry season Shoes - Merrell Continuum

Name:  Merrell.jpg
Views: 6394
Size:  81.5 KB

For when its wet and cold - Jim Green Bushcats

Name:  Jim Green.jpg
Views: 2726
Size:  48.5 KB

PH preferred african shoe because they are very quiet! The white quickly becomes brown from the dust!

Name:  Deck Shoe.jpg
Views: 2483
Size:  5.1 KB
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Banned
    Mattahorns!!!!!!!!!!,buy the way Dannevirke hunt and fish is having a birthday sale this weeknd pop in and grab a good pair of boots cheep!.

My trekkas atm they were $100 a pair at H&F chirstmas last year, cheap ones but they havnet fallen apart yet and they are comfortable, either that bare feet or gumboots. My old ones were a yr old and needed to be changed mainly because my feet grow out of them, pain in the ass growing.

Name:  My Boot's 002.JPG
Views: 2838
Size:  56.2 KB
    Last edited by Toby; 01-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    VIVA LA HOWA

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Bullers are my favourite.

I recently bought a pair of Stoney River Hikers from Taranaki Rubber
    Interesting boots.

Which do you think has better ankle support? The Bullers or Taranaki Hikers?

Have you done any mods to the Hikers? Drain holes, tongue etc ?

Well my first pair of Asolo's lasted me 20 years. Yes, thats right 20yrs!
    I had to resole them, and then reglue that sole twice, before the leather (where the sole glues to) gave out.

Now I have a pair of Lowa Tibet Pro's.
    Got them in from the US for less than half the NZ price.
    260hunter and Dicko like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

i puchased a pair of flash very expensive hunting boots, bad move! lasted one winter and things started to go wrong. went back to the old faithfull bullers. treat them like shit, in and out of creeks all day, fired in the back of the hiliux never cleaned etc etc ... still going and going! i dont have time to pussyfoot around with flash boots that fall to bits. for the north island i reckon you cant go pass them. mind u i have had the odd small hunt in crocks that is not such a good move

40 years for me Rushy, thought miliatary boots were the bee's knees for years until my stock wore out and then found out there was better on the market. Like redbands.
    When I was younger(here we go) and into tracking, it was leather boots until finding resonable sign. Then the leathers came off and into the sack pikau and the xtra sox went on. Got soft in the end, don't like cold feet.
    Now its always Gri sport hikers. Cheap and comfortable, good ankle support and stick like glue to a blanket.

Yeah a maybe mutual aquintance is into his bullers, goes like a cut cat up hill and down when checking traps down Piropiro sakokid .
    Yeckons theyre the best value for money out there.

I've tried a few different types. Didn't like meindl. Too stiff felt like planks of wood on your feet. Did the hi tec models they wore pretty quickly (Quebec, altitude etc) using scarpas now and happy with them. Wearing well and good contour to the sole

I knew 2 old hunters (both farmers and long deceased) who went everywhere bare footed. One of them told me the only time he had got something in his foot was when, for a short period of time, he did wear boots and happened to tread on a nail which went thru the boot into his foot. He used to stand in cow shit to warm his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    He used to stand in cow shit to warm his feet.
    I bet he walked to school up hill both ways too
    Gibo likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

100 bucks and they last for five years! bullers that is.